1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

firefighters

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by snowman91, Dec 3, 2010.

1. seems like the sight has quite a few firefighters. post some pics of ur latest jobs.

2. 04f250fisher

04f250fisher Senior Member

First two are a house giving to us for training and the last two are a job few towns over

Barndoor and firetown2 035.jpg

Barndoor and firetown2 051.jpg

Canton.jpg

Canton fire 13.jpg

3. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

We've been really quiet here, but here are a couple news articles from surrounding depts that have happened.

This happened Monday into Tuesday morning. 5 depts on it. It relight again mid morning Tuesday and they were back there for a little while.

http://www.thehawkeye.com/story/Downtown-fire-113010

My cousins dept is giving mutual aid on this one right now. Lumber yard in the middle of downtown got going about 430 this morning. Last I heard they were up to 5 depts as well.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Fire-Crews-Battle-Blaze-in-Keota-111314484.html

4. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

We started a couple cars on fire a month or two ago for some training and the other is a barn fire from last week that I didn't make cause i was out plowing

1.jpg

2.jpg

5. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

nice. i'll have to try and get some up from our department...... never seem to get real good pics..... always kinda busy lol

6. CHasselberger

CHasselberger Member

7. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

8. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

Here's a pic of my daily driver:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ourphotostore/4907380626/
    2007 Ferrara Spartan 1500GPM with 750 gallons on board.

Runs out about 65mph going down the road. :D
    Usually busy at working time, but we have been real slow lately. 2008 we had a streach of about 2 months with a working fire every day, usually night in January and February (temps in the teens), that got old real quick.

The official website: http://www.columbusfire.org/

Chad

9. plowking15

plowking15 Member

The fire dept. in my hometown,has just gone to 24 hour shifts to save money and cut down on overtime. The union went for it for now as an experiment. Seems some firefighters said it would mean less money but better homelife to be able to spend an day at home with family and sleep in their own bed. Overtime is still an option when called out to fires. The town I live in now is mostly volunteer,they have two full timers at the station and could be asking for a third. The big cities in Ma., Lawrence I think, cut way down on personnal and may have to depend on mutual aid.

10. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

one we had a couple weeks ago...made knockdown.

11-7-10 FIRE  SODOM RD NORWAY 017.jpg

11. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

I'll have to see what I can dig up. MVA's are our bread & butter around here, working fires are rare, so usually when we catch some work everybody is all over it and nobody takes any pictures.

12. gffd

gffd Junior Member

nothing better than the 24 shift. We do them and wouldnt want it any other way

13. nice pics wish it was legal to do training burns on aquired stuctures in nj

14. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

it's a shame you can't snowman. we've done a couple in the last few years. if thier done right it can be some amazing training for the new guys...... and lots of fun for the rest of us lol

15. heres a link to our web site. were in the process of updating it and one of our members just got a helmet cam so hopefully well get a job n try it out =D secaucuseng1.com

16. kbc360

kbc360 Junior Member

A four tenement in town, and same street later date

boys 20.jpg

Boys 2-1.jpg

17. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

One of our county plow trucks burned to the ground this morning. It was a new international with a aluminum dump body on it. I will post the pic I have of it tomorrow. I am getting ready to go back out plowing in a few.

18. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

[​IMG]

around 2am couple months ago we were toned mutual aid to this fire. photo was taken by our asst. chief upon arrival.

im pretty sure this was taken moments before first arriving engine

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  19. thata really cool pic :D i like watching fires like that but prefer agressive interior attacks:yow!: must have been a long night and day lol

20. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

Just put up the tower and soak it.