1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fire Trucks

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Kennedy81, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

After we sent another thread off topic I figured I'd start a thread for fire trucks. There are many of us here that are volunteers and career firefighters, so post them up, with some info if you wish.
    Here goes:
    Taylor Twp Fire/Rescue, Kokomo, Indiana; Taylor Township is located 48 miles north of Indianapolis along US-31 in Howard County. TTFR provides Fire, Rescue, and BLS protection to it's 23 square mile district. WE are an all volunteer department.
    Engine 81 - 1994 Pierce/Saber Top-Mount Pumper - 1000gpm/1000gal:
    Engine 82 - 2006 Spartan/Elite Rescue Pumper - 1500gpm Hale Q Max pump /1000gal:
  2. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

Rescue 81 - 1997 Ford E-350/Marque Type III - Light Rescue
    While this may look like an ambulance, this rig is all rescue. The tall doors behind the cab give access from both sides to
    three additional FF seats. The rear of the truck includes a slide-out tray with various extrication equipment on it.
    Tanker 81 - Chevrolet Kodak/Starr Stainless - 2000 gallon tank
    Brush 81 - 1997 Dodge Ram/Wildfire Manufacturing - 5 Horse Power Pacer Pump/120gal
  3. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

BLS Ambulance 81 - 2007 Ford E-450/Marque
    Car 81 - 2002 Dodge Durango American LaFrance Edition
  4. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

I am gonna be glued to this thread!! I was a volunteer for 9 years until the profit hungry bureaucrats took it over and made it a paid house. Keep up the good work and please be safe out there!!!
  5. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

We have ten pieces at my dept heres a couple

engine 2.jpg

6. sbrem

sbrem Member

Cool brush truck!
  7. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

Nice aerial, whats the reach?
  8. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

couple more The aerial is a 100ft sky-arm

9. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

2001 Pirce pumper with CAF system

10. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

Wow, nice rescue. Wish we had something better, the one we have is too small and too overloaded.
    There are a few departments around here that use old deuces for thier brush rigs too.
    Are you paid or volunteer?
  11. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Freeport,IL Fire # 3051.....I will get better shots later

12. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

13. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Sweet trucks
  14. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

The rescue is a 1990 and probably the next truck to be replaced we would like to get something a little bigger possibly a tandem axle rescue.

First picture was is a 2007 Spartan/Rosenbauer 1500 GPM 750 tank water.. also has class A and B foam cells ,Light tower hurst tools the works.

The aerial is 100' skyarm Spartan cab
  15. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

hey its the smurf truck...LOL

cool to see another litchfield county rig here
  16. blm86

blm86 Member

That brush truck is awesome. Im gonna have to keep my eye on this thread, I sure do like looking at them big shiny trucks
  17. SantiniServices

SantiniServices Member

A couple of the rigs over here in Ridgfield

18. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

Ya smurf truck i knew it was only a matter of time before you people started knockin it down.....where are you from?
  19. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

lol they have boggers on the field truck
  20. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I just got done helping spec'ing a new Ladder that will look similar to this.......