1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fire Truck/Snow Plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bleedorange, Dec 14, 2007.

1. bleedorange

bleedorange Junior Member

First post here, love the site. Not a commercial plower, but a life long snowplow chaser. Thought some of you might enjoy this. Alexis Fire Equipment in Alexis, IL manufactured a brush truck/snow plow for Washburn, IL pretty cool mounting system. Enjoy pics.

Washburn12.jpg

Washburn15.jpg

Washburn17.jpg

Washburn20.jpg

Washburn21.jpg

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

nice pic's but you need to make them bigger........

3. bleedorange

4. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the link!!

5. isn't that a bit heavy of a truck to be a brush fire truck? Wouldn't a 10,000 lb truck sink when you try to drive it across a somewhat wet field!

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/storyimages/Firetruck3.jpg
    THis is like what the department by me uses. They had a nasty swamp fire last year and got a few f350's stuck trying to put out the fire.

The reason I question this is because I have a 3500 duramax 4x4 DUally, and it HATES wet ground. My 2500hd does 1000834503485093485093 times better in wet ground then my dually. the heavy duramax front end sinks right down.

6. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

I like how the brush guard hooks to the boss frame. I should work something like that up for my light bar so I no longer have to bolt it to the truck and take it off in the fall.

7. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Alexis builds our fire trucks. They arn't to far from me about an hour or so. They do some good work.

8. bleedorange

I have been a volunteer for 12 years, and 90% of our calls are field/brush fires. We take our 25,000lb F-750 out into fields, plenty of weight over the drive tires combined with excellent traction and of course good ground speed and it really works very well for field fires, to this day, that truck has never been stuck (1973 model). Here is a link to some other brush trucks if you're interested.

http://www.alexisfire.com/FireEquipment/MiniUnits/minis.html

9. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

Thats funny since my old chief bought a 30,000lbs wildland interface truck for a brush truck about 10 years ago....huge mistake........ It is going to be traded in soon for a 1 ton.....with a side in unit.......

10. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

do you know if they sell that brush guard that fits in the boss mount. i have always wanted to do something just like that.

11. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

I think that's a very resourceful thing to do with a truck. I like the idea and have always been a proponent of multifunction trucks, rather than simply a "utility" and a "brush truck" and various other vehicles that are far underused. Don't have any pictures, but I had a custom fabricated brush guard for my truck with the conventional Fisher mount. Off with the headgear, bolted the brush guard on. Worked pretty slick, and it's one of the reasons I liked the conventional better!

Thanks for the posting

12. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Ive been hoping some day Boss would make a brush guard or push bumper that hooked up to the Smarthitch....they have one customer right here!:waving:

13. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

ya outta call em up and suggest that .. who knows they might sell even more plows .. with attachments that you can buy LOL ...

14. PolyPlowBoss

PolyPlowBoss Member

firstclasslawn, is your snow ex still for sale? If it is, how much are you asking and do you have some pics?

15. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

JUST WONDERING WHY THERE WOULD BE A BRUSH FIRE IN AREA WITH WET GROUND.........SORRY :confused: HAD TO ASK ?

16. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

17. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

When people water a Christmas tree, they water just the base, but it's the needles that dry out, right? Vegetation is like that too. One thing about a wet field or forest bed is that the root structures will take much longer to get burning. A brush truck is also a good alternative to taking a fire truck down a logging road or across a field to a fire (not nessarily just a brush or forest fire).

18. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

We use ex-military 5-ton chassis, add the bars, tank & pump, cages and lots of skidplates to allow us access to anywhere we need to go. We have gotten stuck a time or 2 and when the 6WD won't keep you moving, the winch sure will. This pic was taken before it was painted red, looks much better now.

52212__6.jpg

ridge12shirt.jpg

19. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

Now all u need is a Plow

20. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Very nice trucks, they look heavy