1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fire Dept Practice on One of Our Buses

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Holland, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Our local fire dept had a chance to practice on one of our retired buses tonight. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Holland

Holland Senior Member

3. Holland

Holland Senior Member

4. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

What city / state?
    What kind of trucks do you have

5. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Galena IL. I'm with the buses, not the fire dept. lol Although i've often thought of joining...

6. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

7. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice pics, that cool that you did that for them and they let you stay and watch.

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I was expecting a fire.....

9. Holland

Holland Senior Member

I was too! When i got there the chief told me change of plans. I tell you what tho, it turned out to be a good idea. They had never gotten to practice cutting one up. They were having trouble getting some holes enlarged untill they fired up the chainsaw! And besides, if one of them ever caught fire on the road, it'd be damn near burnt out before they got there. The whole bus body is consisted of fiberglass, wood and cardboard. Shed go fast.

10. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Man, I woulda bought that bus. I have a 95 GMC short bus with terrible insulation and no ac and would love to replce it with something like that. Looks like fun though. Actually, let me know if you guys ever sell anything.

11. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Purty safety vests.......

12. Holland

Holland Senior Member

O you didnt want this one. Trust me. It had issues or we wouldnt have gotten rid of it. And i'll keep you in mind in the future but dont keep your hopes up. We usually run them up to 300k before they are ready to go. The closest we have to that is a couple in the 220k. so it'll be a while before they go. And for the most part they are pretty wore out by the time they are ready to go out of service. Whether its a major mechanical breakdown, or rust issues.