1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fire Claims All!!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PROPJCKEY, Jan 12, 2004.

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

well boys,
    Fri/sat my house burned down. sorry for the directness but, it is what it is. My month old ultramount is crispy to say the least. after reviewing my insurance, it turns out that i am insured to the gills.....good news anyways. should have the newer ultramount by the end of the week! EVERYBODY GOT OUT.....no injuries. so, over the next 6 months i will be building another house. looking VERY forward to getting my "blade" back so i can do what we all love to do. lost my computer so, i am on a wireless laptop at my in-laws....will check in periodically to say hi and ley you guys know how its going!

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

sorry to hear about your loss
    aleast only material things were lost
    any idea how it happen
  3. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

Glad to hear that you are keeping a positive additude about it,
    Good Luck

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

yes i do no how it happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fire chief said that there is a product recall on those little jeeps that are battery operated that kids drive around. the wire between the motor and battery is apparently bad. it sparked, lit my recycle bin/ newspapers on fire and the rest is history!
  5. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

propjockey, im next door to you,(wauconda) let me know if i can help.
    plowtech- 1-847-459-6363
    if you need to borrow an ultra-mount, its yours.
    good luck with house and family:) :) :)

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Sorry to hear what happened. Thank God nobody was hurt. I had the recall done on my son's Power Wheels Jeep and I now keep it outside. I hope everything works out for you!
  7. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry to hear about your mis-fortune.
  8. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

I knew that recycling was a bad idea !!.. :D
  9. bilgerat

bilgerat Junior Member

Thank God you only lost "things"

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss - I imagine losing your home, garage, and all the items within them is a major catastrophe. I am very grateful to hear that your family all got out - that is truly a blessing! Thanks for posting the cause of your fire- I had some renters last year that had one of those motorized Jeeps, but I was unaware of any recall or wiring hazzard until you informed us - Thanks - and may God continue to protect you and your family. :angel:
  10. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

That sucks. My parents store burned down about a year ago and its tuff, but your house that would be devestating. Hope everything works out allright.

:gunsfiring: little jeeps
  11. bilgerat

bilgerat Junior Member

I forgot to ask - did your Ducati make it out of the fire? That is one sweet bike, but horrible in the snow.

Bilgerat (former motorcycle roadracer)

F-550 CrewCab Diesel 4x4 Dually
    Western 8'6" Pro Plus
    1985 Yamaha TZ-250 (78 HP 189 lb. GP bike)
  12. ih82plow

ih82plow Senior Member

I am real sorry for your loss.

the insurance inspection will definitively tell you why it burned.

We had a loss as yours in the past and let me tell you it was a terrible exspereance.

I dont know if you have ever dealt with a fire loss prior .

But if you need some advice on what you should be doing now email me and I send you my phone number to chat a bit.

advice to all

Take an hour and video you home and its condtions and store it off site

What you cant prove you owned,or the insurance company feels is incorrect you dont get paid on

13. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

Re: Re: Fire Claims All!!!!!

Good advice, it would be a good idea to consult your insurance carrier as to what they would find acceptable for this purpose... In fact, some companies might provide this service for you. It might be a good idea to also give the ins. company a copy of the tape for them to have on file....
  14. elite1

elite1 Senior Member

Sorry to hear about that. I live in Crystal Lake, and my shop is in Lake In The Hills, off of Pyott. Let me know if you need anything, I will do what I can.-good Luck.

Elite Lawncare
  15. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Sorry to hear about your home,I have that same jeep and did the recall thing this last summer,never gave it a thought,now Im glad I did it.

Im guessing that you are a pilot? What do you fly,myself Im Single Engine Land, IFR, HP. Fly a Archer. Have not been up since mid Dec.

Regards Mike
  16. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

DOC.........Sorry to hear.......................geo & family
  17. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

VERY SORRY to hear about your loss.:( The main is that nobody got hurt. I'm not to far from you, if you need anything, shoot me an email. I hope everything turns out.:angel:
  18. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I'll buy your crispy ultramount off of ya if ins dont take it payup
  19. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

big nate, why do you still have that quote on all your reply's, I don't get it :dizzy:
  20. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Sorry about your loss. I agree with everybody else, the main thing is that nobody got hurt. I have been a vol firefighter for 10 years, and have seen this happen several times and people didn't have insurance. If you own something you have got to have insurance & plenty of it! The video is an excellent idea combined with a safety deposit box at the bank. Sorry about the accident.