1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finished the little plow truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Troy5061, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Troy5061

Troy5061 Member

Finally got everything done, shes all ready to plow my few driveways now. Not pretty or expensive but should get the job done.

2. Troy5061

Troy5061 Member

and a few more, last pic is when I first bought it.

3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I had a s-15 with a Fisher on it and it was a great driveway and small parking lot rig.

Looks good and have a good winter
  4. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

Nice little rig, How do you like plowing with the stick?
  5. Troy5061

Troy5061 Member

Thanks, I havent plowed with it yet so I dont know lol. I bought it in the spring right after the last snowstorm.
  6. 2brothersyc

2brothersyc Member

at least its a fisher
  7. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

Did you beef up the front suspension at all?
  8. Troy5061

Troy5061 Member

nope, im only doing my driveway and my dads with it. It doesnt seem to squat much when I lift up the plow.
  9. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

Good deal. I just finished up a 97 Explorer 4.0 with a 7' Curtis Homepro. The front sagged quite a bit so I replaced the torsion bars with new ones and the strongest ones available. Works much better now.
    Hope the Jimmy holds up well....
  10. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a nice little driveay rig
  11. Troy5061

Troy5061 Member

Thanks for all the nice replies, if it serves me well this winter a buddy of mine is going to swap a carb'd 350 in it this spring.
  12. wannabeplowing

wannabeplowing Senior Member

It doesn't need to be pretty to make moneypayuppayup good luck with it this winter!!
  13. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Just a thought, you may want to move the controls to the right side of the wheel. It is a juggle to run a plow and a manual, especially if you have to juggle which hand is the wheel hand. If it is all on the right it is at least manageable. Just a thought. Good luck!