1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finished just in time..........almost!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by FBN, Jan 21, 2012.

1. FBN

FBN Member

Just about wrapped up my 88 Chevy V-30 just in time for this little storm we are getting here on Long Island. Painted the bed last night and redid the bed lights this morning. Getting the tailgate done is this weekends project. I bought the truck late summer and slowly put it together, fixed the running issues, found a blade, new used bed, repaired the hydraulic tank and some tires and paint. This is my first dually so we will see how it does. Truck has a TBI 350, 4 speed, 205 Transfer case, 4:10 gears, PTO dump and a engine driven Fisher pump. Enjoy the pictures. Now I just need to find a visor for the cab!

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

2. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Thats actually a really sharp setup. I love older trucks that are in great condition.

3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Very nice.Thumbs Up

4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Nice work Thumbs Up

5. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

Nice older truck only thing missing is the mighty 454! That is a bullet proof combo you got there.

6. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

very nice unit

7. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Very nicr setup you have.good job on the project.

8. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice I started out in a 85 K20, was missing that truck yesterday, broke the serpentine belt on a truck, list everything. I was bitching to a buddy I missed when each thing had it's own belt. They weren't quite as comfortable, but there certainly was a lot less to go wrong, and a lot easier to fix.

9. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

Very nice set up.

10. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice I started out in a 85 K20, was missing that truck yesterday, broke the serpentine belt on a truck, list everything. I was bitching to a buddy I missed when each thing had it's own belt. They weren't quite as comfortable, but there certainly was a lot less to go wrong, and a lot easier to fix.

11. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Truck looks really good, nice job! Have fun with it and let us know how it works out for you.

12. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

that thing is pretty neat. I love the older trucks!

13. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

very clean, where are you on the island?

14. FBN

FBN Member

I'm on the east end in Southold town. With the exception of needing some ballast the truck did great. Got the tailgate repaired and painted today, will be on the truck tomorrow. The best part about this truck is it has the same wheelbase as a longbed pickup which is one of the reasons I bought it. As for needing a 454 it's bad enough on gas now but it does have plenty of power with the small block and the 4:10's. Doesn't like much over 55 mph though.

15. StrongestDad

StrongestDad Member

Love looking at the older trucks. We have an 88 350 drw l pack dump. Gotta send out to paint. That truck looks great. What did u do to prep the bed for paint? Did it previously have rust or rot? Thx

16. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

that is the perfect truck. really nice looking dump bed nice big mirrors great plow those engine driven plows are awesome bulletproof engine and tcase and best part is its not a ford and its stick! the visor will look good i am very jealous of your truck

17. FBN

FBN Member

The bed had quite a bit of surface rust but no real rot. It probably looks better in the pictures than standing next to it but it will do the job. I went over all the loose paint/ rust with a cup wire wheel on an angle grinder then sanded it quick with an orbital sander. The paint is gloss black Rustoleum that was rolled and tipped. Makes touch ups easy.

18. StrongestDad

StrongestDad Member

Most def. Thx. How many man hrs;)

19. StrongestDad

StrongestDad Member

Most def. Thx. How many man hrs;)

20. FBN

FBN Member

10-12 for prep and paint. Would of been less but my 6.0 Superduty daily driver developed an antifreeze leak and was in the shop for a week. I had started prep on the body and then had to drive the truck so it decided to rain 2 days that week. I know that body like the back of my hand now!