1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finding the right plow for me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Iawr, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Iawr

Iawr Senior Member

I have a 1996 Jeep Cherokee that I am looking for a plow for, I will only be using the Jeep to plow my own driveway, and a few family members maybe 6 driveways tops. I looked into buying a plow a few years ago, Curtis, Fisher, Boss, and Snowway were the brands that stood out to me. Now that I'm in the market for a plow though non of these companies appear to offer one for me. I've tried every company I can think of and non of there "matching systems" on the websites have an option for my vehicle, just wranglers.

In short, what companies offer a system for my 96 Jeep Cherokee? Snow way doesnt even seem to offer one.

2. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

Meyer has two for you, although I have noticed that Meyer isn't too well liked here.

I did a google picture search for "jeep cherokee plow" and noticed that 90% of them had Meyer plows so it seems that Meyer is the only choice I can see. I even checked blizzard and snowdogg for you but neither had a match.

You could still find an 6 1/2 ft plow for a wrangler and probably have a fab shop make a mount fit for you.

I'm a newbie like you so someone will probably have a lot more info if they have dealt with the same issue.

Good Luck
  3. MWSAI

MWSAI Member

I have seen a lot of Western installed on Cherokees in my area. You can go with a Meyer or possibly a Snoway. Sometimes you have to call the manufacturer direct to find out if they have a mount that fits your vehicle. For some reason some of them don't make it onto their plow selectors. Possibly due to GVWR.