1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finding contracts to bid on...

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by sid6062, Dec 1, 2014.

1. sid6062

sid6062 Member

New to the commercial spot guys. How/where do I find contracts to bid on? Is there a site businesses post on or is it a door to door kinda thing?
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

These boots are made for walkin.
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Door to door. Or gotta know the property manager.
  4. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

Okay Nancy Thumbs Up

Depends on what your doing, commercial or residential.

On commercial knock on doors and talk to the managers about giving them a quote for plowing.

On residential, advertise on CL, mail flyers to areas you want to plow, comes to mind.

On a side note:
    Kinda late to try and pick up enough contracts, your better off subbing for another company.
  5. FinerCuts

FinerCuts Member
    from Iowa

Honestly knowing a property manager and building a relationship with them helps a lot more. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Sometimes doing residential you can make a alot more if you have a tight route. I personally like commercial better, only because mine are zero tolerence and have us provide everything.