1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finding Average Snowfall Amounts

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ihscoutlover, Nov 17, 2014.

1. ihscoutlover

ihscoutlover Junior Member

How do you guys find your average snow fall amounts or number of storms per year average?? Thanks

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

A source that a customer could trust would be the NWS

3. ihscoutlover

ihscoutlover Junior Member

I've been on the NOAA site and cannot seem to locate this data. That's why I've questioned what source or where should I go to get the data I need from the NWS?? Thanks

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

5. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

There's so much crap on that site it's easy to get lost in it. It's there though.

6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Google it http://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Missouri/annual-snowfall.php

Who are working with on a bid

I don't know how they came up with the figures Last winter we had more then the average even the last 2 years before that more snow then the average they are showing

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  7. Deli_Guy

Deli_Guy Junior Member

National Weather Service AKA NWS. Type in the zip code of the area you want and it will provide you will all sorts of weather related data. Weather Underground also connects with local professional and amateur weather stations, many have their own websites so you can go to those too.