1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Find me a dealer with service

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by forbidden, Nov 25, 2011.

1. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

After getting turned down on a sale from site authorized vendor "X" based on the fact that I was 23 minutes late for the black friday deal, can someone please message me a different supplier who wants the opportunity to earn my business. I may be small potatoes to this site vendor but for me $1500 is boatload of hard earned money to spend. I want to spend it with a supplier who values my support and does not haggle on technicalities in order to save a buck or two.

For the record site authorized vendor "X", I owned and operated a 12volt shop for the last 20 years. Now that I have done a career change and a move to a far larger market, I see the need to service my existing client base here. I am setting up a shop here in Calgary that deals with the amber and emergency market. So while my small order may have chicken feed to you now and lost over a technicality, look at the options that had lay in front of you. I read that people can't get through on the phone, can't get through on the website and some of us in Alberta can't exactly drive to see you in person either. It is nice to see that a supplier such site authorized vendor "X" pays to advertise on a site to try and get business and then does such a great job of shooting themselves in the foot when it comes time to complete the sale.

While I am sure that site authorized vendor "X" have helped many people, the general public to the members on the site and that some of them have had stellar service from you and continue to have stellar service from you there is also the other people that do not.

I fully expect this thread to get deleted as it can be viewed negatively by a paying site authorized vendor. Site authorized vendor "X" would go far further with being a vendor on this site taking the constructive critisism as it is, leave it here for everyone to see and then come up with a solution to prevent it from happening again. I don't know of one retailer that does not want to better themselves and how they can continue to increase their business, do you?

2. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

forbidden, I think you talked to our newest team member and sorry that he turned you away. Call me Monday or PM me for my cell and ill take care of you. I told everyone to take any order but he missed the message. We are closed now as we were in pretty early but I will definitely take care of you. Also just call me with an issue like this and ill certainly help you out. As a site sponsor I will go the extra mile for plowsite members. Louis

3. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

awesome. Like.

4. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

Tried to PM, the message came back was that you were not accepting PM's or that you could not. Please message me your cell number and I will call.

5. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

I kind of figured they'd take care of you. I've had nothing but awesome service from them.

6. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

I hope it gets taken care of, i agree 15 bur is alot of cash to be throwing at anything........especially at my house, 4 kiddos, 2 doggs, a cat, fish.......the list never ends.

7. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Lmao. That fish will eat you outta house and home!

8. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

Fish is a monster, that is how he keeps losing the dogs and cat.

I have three teenage eating machines at home, 2 are 19 and 1 is 17. Not much left in the cupboards around here on any given day so yes that $1500.00 on lighting can go a long way at keeping the household fed and my secret stash of snacks kept up.

9. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

I hear ya...ive got a four yo and a 6mo old and they both eat like savages. Especiallymthe little one and his formula/ jarred food

10. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Strobesnmore is a stand up company and good sponsor here.

JMHO, I don't care much for the flame job, lacks a little maturity don't ya think.

11. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

Indy,

I made my post based on my personal experiences. If you do not like reading things like this about such a stand up person and a good sponsor here on the site, take it up with the sponsor as it was the employee of the sponsor who set the ball in motion. At no point in time did I single out the member from the vendor or the vendor in question here on the site. Do you think this thread would have existed if the employee in question had listened to the instructions that he was given. "I told everyone to take any order but he missed the message". That quote says it all. The issue here is not myself and how I choose to inform others of the lack of service I received. It is indeed confirmed with a response given by Louis that there was indeed a problem. The issue here is a internal issue for the vendor to deal with and solve. It stands to reason that I am not the only person whom had service issues that day and a search here on the forum will show that that is indeed the case. Perhaps you should search the other threads and offer your "JMHO" to everyone there as well.

I as a retailer and a business owner would want to know if my guys are out costing me business and exactly how they are doing so. If my employees do not listen to what I am telling them to do, they get a couple of warnings and then they get terminated. I am not their friend, I am their boss. I am in business to make money, not have employees cost me money.

I would think that the site vendor would want to know this as well. I run a business as does the site vendor. I want feedback good or bad. If someone tells me their feedback by any means they want and are entitled to do, I can address it and deal with it. Every time there is a bad experience with a customer, it is a golden opportunity to service that customer to death and earn their business. People get called all the time when faced with "trailer park tims discount lawn mowing, roach control and snowplowing service" did such a bad job so I want you to come and give me a quote. Are you saying that you have not ever heard of things like this happening? Please don't lie to me and tell me no. I was born at night, just not last night.

The point of the thread was feedback for the vendor to look at a identified problem and find a solution to both the internal issue and the customer issue. It appears that it has been solved on the customer side of the issue and it is no business of mine how they choose to handle their internal issue. I now have a personal reply from the vendor offering a solution to the problem and I now have a name associated to the solution. This is much more than I had when I hung up the phone in dissappointment. This retailer wants to better himself and can take the feedback for what it is. That speaks louder than words. This solution is here now for all people to see, that is the best advertising that money can get.

It is however your opinion and I realize that you thought long and hard about what you wanted to say, taking time to carefully look at the issue from all possible perspectives. As you are not a party to the issue at hand, your opinion of my first hand experiences with the vendor is unwarranted,unwanted and misguided. Perhaps your crystal ball is not working properly as if it were, you would have also been aware that I or others cannot PM him. I do not involve myself in your business do I, why is it then that you feel it is alright for you to involve yourself in mine.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  12. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Just my 2 cents but rather than go off on a rant how about just email me/the company and voice your concern so we can address it? Nothing against you personally but I think people in general go to extremes rather than just pick up the phone and handle things one on one. Sure there are times we can't for one reason or another take care of a customer. Such as today when a customer who received a light last week said it was broken and missing parts. Come to find out when it came back today it was over a year old and he was pulling a fast one rather than say "hey I have a light thats not working, can you help" I would have bent over backwards to help however now that the guy lied and tried to screw us over something as silly as a light I am not going to do anything. I am sure the story will be turned around on us but my point is just handle it like you would a neighbor and knock on the door and talk about it. forbidden, I PM's you my personal cell number and have not heard from you. If you still need something my email is Louis@strobesnmore.com or you can call my cell. Just do not call to late as I am an early riser therefore I crash early. Guess I am getting old.

13. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

"Buyers are liars"...... one of the first things I learned in retail. Yes indeed there is always a customer looking to pull a fast one. I just went to my PM box and no PM from you with your phone number in it. I did e-mail you today after I called and you were busy with another customer. I did try to PM you with no luck, posted the info in the "other" thread for you to see. I am not about to take you away from dealing with the person in front of you at that time. You are in business to make money as well. As far as I am concerned, there is nothing to address. You solved the problem with your first response.