1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finaly Got My New MM2 To Go On In 1 Minute

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mercer_me, Feb 14, 2010.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I was taking my new MM2 off and leaving it in the driveway (gravel) and it would sink down and I had a hell of a time putting it on. So last time I put it in my garage and it went on just like in the comercial. I drove in and it was on in less than 30 seconds. I thought I was going to hate the MM2 system but I actualy love it.

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Putting it on level ground (especially a garage) makes it easy. I love having mine in my garage.

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

My MM1 goes on in about a minute aslong as it doesn't sink down after a while. I don't have a garage or pavement. I use a board under the foot.

4. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Amazing how much that piece of plywood helps isn't it? I've taken a few off in the ice and thought nothing of it, only to be wrestling it a day or two later in the mud to get it back on a truck cuz a storm is coming!

5. mercer_me

My uncle puts a board under his MM1 and it still takes him quite a while to get it on.

6. robertpkerrsr@h

robertpkerrsr@h Member

Back in the early 70's when I got my first used 71/2 ft fisher plow I built a dolly for it. I still have the same dolly for my MM1 today. It works great if you can put it in the garage or on a slab. One trick I learned was that if you don't have enough slack in the lift chain the plow will not go on.

7. mercer_me

I figured that out to. I had to jack my blade up once to get slack in the chain. Then it went rite on.

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I use a thing centered on my dash and line that up in the middle of the headgear. I know I'm on target when the headgear falls forward.

9. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Once you figure it out its a breeze.

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Congratulations ,you will now be known as the miniute man!

11. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Hahaha does that mean that title is no longer mine? With practice, I was a 30 second man according to my ex.:dizzy:

12. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

With the old MM1 system you have too make sure the lift cylinder is all the way collapsed [pull on chain with plow turned on in float position]before disconnecting it from truck,otherwise you will have trouble installing it next time.With the MM2 system it has a cable and spring to pull down the lift cylinder.

13. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

:eek: ...........:laughing:

14. lonewolf900

lonewolf900 Junior Member

I used wite out and put a white dot on the dash, hood and plow headgear. I sight down dash and hood white spots to line up with white spot on headgear.

15. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

Put some boards under the plow and jack. You can do it in a minute.

16. tmltrans

tmltrans Member

I have 8' hd plow my driveway is not level and hooking up plow could be a pain. My solution was to hook ratchet strap from plow to top of lift, that way I can adjust mount height for hooking up. No problems since then.

17. skycop45acp

skycop45acp Junior Member

I just use a floor jack if i need to

18. 1999 GMC 1500

1999 GMC 1500 Member

i use blood, sweat, and tears....

19. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

I had a friend show me his "hot setup" for his plow yesterday this has nothing to do with the actual hooking up of the plow but does have every thing to do with getting squarely into the plow with the push plates! What a cool set up called an "iBall Wireless Camera" and I can tell you it works some good!
    He grabs the little camera part off the seat and just literally goes out over the drivers side push plate and sticks it on the bumper[back is magnetic] and aims it generally at the push plate and forward. Then he turns on the little monitor that is just pluged into the cigaretter light socket and has a flexable connector coming up onto the back of the camera and instantly you are seeing a nice picture of the front of the truck and as you go forward it nothing could be easier than just putting the push plate end into the recieving pins in the plow!!! If that isnt cool enough as soon as he hooks up the plow he rips the camera off the bumper and slaps it onto the tailgate and now you can see everything going on behind you as you back up????? This thing sells for $119 bucks and I guess it is certainly worth every cent of it???? Here is a link to watch this thing work! Check it out.
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/Video/ViewVideo.aspx?vtp=1698&a=612426