1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SlimJim Z71, Dec 8, 2000.

1. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

At last I had a chance to use my new equipment! Ended up with about 3-4 inches of snow last night. The SnoWay performed flawlessly, ESPECIALLY on the commercial accounts. Had one incident with one of those dome shaped manhole covers... if I had hit that thing any harder, I would've been picking my teeth up off the dashboard. BUT... nothing broke! Tripped the blade so hard, it pointed one of the edge markers on the blade straight backwards.

The Pro Flo 2 worked awesome as well. Never plugged up, and just kept on going.

So far so good, now I just need some more snow!

2. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

Send some up here!! Geoff and I are waiting for some snow up here in Maine
  3. SlimJim Z71

Let's not be greedy here... I probably won't see any snow for another month now.

4. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

It's really bad when the ground is bare where I am and 30 or 45 mins up the road, there is white stuff.

5. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

Well Geoff rain monday up our way at least we can sand. I know i will be sanding!!
  6. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

That is exaclty why you should use urethane edges. I purposely ran into a 1.5" high manhole cover to show a potential customer how well the edge works. He thought I was crazy, and when we hit it, we never felt a thing, and the plow never missed a beat. You guys think I am just trying to sell edges, when in fact I am telling you that a better product is out there, and it will save your truck, and equipment.
  7. SlimJim Z71

When I hit that thing, I instantly thought about what you've said about those edges. I'm thinking, as soon as I collect from my customers, I'll be giving you a call.

By the way, how much would a 90" edge for my plow cost me? Also, I've seen different colors and thicknesses. Do I get to pick the color I want? Thanks!

8. bcngtr

bcngtr Junior Member

I am interested in the urethane edge as well. If it works better than steel backdragging, I'm in. Backdragging is how I will have to clear most of my contracts. Please provide price and phone number on how to order. I have an 8' Western plow (old style). Thanks