1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by LoneCowboy, Oct 12, 2007.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

I've been working to get this contract since actually last March. "oh, send me stuff in August".
    I send stuff in august, nothing
    I call in late august
    Oh, I need this information
    another 2 weeks
    Oh, I want to change this building to this building.
    Oh, I want to give the other guy a chance to bid (by this point October) (arrrrgggggggggggh)
    Oh, you're within 45 dollars (on a 4 building bid, personally I was pretty happy about that)
    Ohhh, how about you do these 3 buildings and he does these other 3 buildings)
    yes, fine, go bid those.

Finally yesterday he calls and says "ok, you do these 3 buildings, I'll send the paperwork"

The most interesting part is that it's structured as 2-6, 6-12, over 12.

My 2-6 is within 45 dollars of his.
    My 6-12 is $1000 more

His 2-6 bid was just about $1000 dollars (like mine)
    His 6-12 bid was $1200

Mine was $2200
    Sorry, it takes a lot more than 2 more hours to clear 3 times the amount of snow. Of course, this is the same guy who basically lost half the parking lot when we got 2 feet because he couldn't move it.

Nonetheless we got the job!!!! I should survive the winter.
    payup payup payup
  2. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Congrats lone cowboy:bluebounc. That 6-12 estimate was way off. I hope you explained how you came up with yours and made him feel oops im way off arent I.:cool:
  3. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

that is good news. :) you still have other bids out there or that it for ya?
  4. sailscall01

sailscall01 Member

Good job!! :drinkup:
  5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Still working some others, and of couse a couple people have said "oh, if i'ts like last year (2' plus snow, followed by 12+ inches 5 days later, didn't melt for months) we'll need you"

Uh huh, that's going to cost BIG BUCKS payup for you unless you want to be a regular customer and let me pay for my equipment nor will you be dug out until after my regulars.
    But sure, I'll answer your call. I got bills to pay. payup

Have a meeting with a guy this week that kinda wants to cut back on his plowing, so we'll see where that leads. But one big contract should at least justify all the continuing expenses. (and it's a been a really good week pasture maintenance wise too, although I'm exhuasted, this was much easier when I was 20. :rolleyes: )