1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bolensdriver, Jan 18, 2005.

1. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

I'm going to be buying a new tractor soon.

I want to know your opinions. I can't afford anything like a new Holder or MT Trackless. I need something narrow for sidewalks. I was thinking Kubota but I don't like the snowblades on them, with only one spring. Most tractors have those cheap snowblades now adays. That sucks. What brand of tractor is best? New Holland? Kubota? John Deere? What model? I'll need a cab for it... and a snowblade, snowblower, etc. Won't need a mowing deck.

I've not owned much else besides a bunch of Bolens equipment and I'm selling it all. And buying new. Getting out of the buying/restoring/selling of Bolens, and just getting a tractor for myself.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
    Jake

2. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

I have the JD GT235. Love it. With the chains and weights, the 48" blade (with trip-springs!) pushes a heck of a lot of snow. Bought the plow for the truck this year and have been trying to sell my tractor. Too bad you are way up in NH. Could meet you half way somewhere if you are interested. Some pics of my setup are on the site here somewhere. PM me if you are interested.

Love my JD!

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

A B7510 or a B2410 Kubota with a loader, front snow plow or loader mounted plow(like mine) and a rear 3pt snow blower. Then throw on a curtis cab with a heater. You have the best of every world. Plow for when its light, blower when its heavy and loader to move and stack. But look at spending $20,000

The kubota blade have two springs on them and are full trip blades.

I have operated JD, NH, MF, Kubota. I will take a kubota first, then a MF and so on. I grew up around this stuff. You just can't go wrong with a kubota.

4. snowinjoe

snowinjoe Senior Member

Kubota gets my vote. Very dependable. I wouldn't go with the Kubota blower. Aftermarket seems to be a bit cheaper. Curtis cab for sure but look around for a different heater. Go with the bx23 with the front end loader and back hoe.(its fun spending someone else's money) Hydrostatic is the only way to go.

5. landcare pa

landcare pa Member

i bought a holder in oct and still haven't used it do to no snow in pa paid $40,000with snowblower,spreader,also 72 inch mower it is one sweet unit but no dam snow it also has a kubota motor and also is articulating

6. bolensdriver

Was it new when you bought it? Isn't it a C242? The smaller one? That seems like a good size.

7. landcare pa

landcare pa Member

it was a demo unit

8. bolensdriver

I've seen a few Holder demo tractors as low as $4,500 once... but they were the agriculture front engine mounted type..

9. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

kubota

Go with a small b series tractor,curtis cab with front work lights. You say that you don't like the kubota plows, have you seen the power angle 2019 60 inch? I would guess the whole deal new,tractor,cab,loader and front blade will cost approximately$19800.00

10. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

The one thing I regret not buying was the Kubota blower. I like my New Meter 3pt blower, but the kubota is built 100x better. I bought my after market because it was $1500, the kubota was $2500.

The BX 23 is a joke. You will regret that purchase. Its way to small, it still really low to the ground, so it gets stuck really easily. It will barely load a pick up. It has a really cheap plow on it.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  11. salopez

salopez Senior Member

what width sidewalks do you want to do? i have a kubota 2910 which is about 54" wide and i put a meyers 6 footer off a jeep on it. works very well, you could cut down a truck blade to make what ever you need. the option is a blower. i spent almost a year shopping for my tractor, looks at the jd's, new hollands, koitis, massey, and yet went with the bota. i think the most important thing to take in is the dealer.

12. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

13. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

For what its worth. A couple of friends of mine have Kioti's and have been very impressed with them (especially for the price). One of them is very much into construction equipment (mostly older stuff) and already had a Kubota when he bought his Kioti for when the Kubota is too big. He has nothing but good things to say about both and considers them equal. However, neither of them uses their tractors for commercial snow removal. Both mostly for light loader and woods work.

14. snowinjoe

snowinjoe Senior Member

We run a agritrend blower and haven't seen any problems. Saved almost $1500. I have never tried to load a pickup with the 23. Other wise I really like it.

15. Stang977

Stang977 Junior Member

We have a John Deere 4110, 4WD, Curtis Cab, Snow- Ex Spreader,Snowblower blade and Aux. heat. Nice sidewalk Machine.

Regards,
    Rich

16. bolensdriver

17. bolensdriver

:drinkup: I'm thinking of a Kubota

18. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Why don't you get a "REAL" plow truck??Don't have your drivers license?

19. bolensdriver

Whaaaat? I do have a truck... with a plow. LMAO.