1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by repo_man62, Jan 8, 2005.

1. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

I layed down to take a nap...supposed to be 40+ and sunshine...wife wakes me up 45 min. later and says i better get up...there's an inch of snow on the ground...I tell her she's nuts, but get up anyways since I lost out on my beauty sleep...youv'e NEVER seen a fat boy move as fast as i did to hook up the plow! Here's a couple pic of a "second" round! Then a couple more of "I save the day"-! An old couple slid into a bridge...If they had went down the hill, It would have been into a flooded river...put a chain on them til a wrecker got there.
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

We got 9 inches here. I had to have Razorman come up from Pekin to help. I need subs bad if it snows like that again.
  3. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

Had 17 in Ames Boss, should have been here. Good thing I work for the university, and don't have a time frame as to when we have to plow. Also have access to loaders, skid loaders, and dump trucks.
  4. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Great pictures!! I had a bout 3 inches on the grass & some patchy ice on the lots! Thank god it was enough to salt, I was getting stir crazy!!
  5. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Nice pics repo man. That older couple got dang lucky!!! I'm sure they were happy to see you show up, nice job.

6. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Well...only had to do 11 accounts...my 1-3"ers. made $1,400..not bad for the first snow, the older couple is doing fine...wife had sprained ankle and hubby had a piece of glass in his eye he didn't realize. Printed copies of the pics for them and will send to them tomorrow.
  7. kubotazd21

kubotazd21 Member

Repo man, what size is the western plow and how does the 1500 handle it? :)
  8. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

It's an 8', and the 1500 handle's wonderful! Most of the time, I can plow in 2wd with 800 lbs ballast.
  9. mreamer

mreamer Member

Is it a pro plow, or a standard? Do you have anything up front (suspension) to help with the weight?
  10. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

uni-mount pro...nothing added to susp....and 1 bad-ass vortec!
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  11. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

hey repo, is that truck one of the repo's you got? :waving: Is that how you got it? :redbounce
  12. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Nope...paid 10,000 cash for it 2 yrs. ago