1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

finally using rear remotes

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by magnatrac, Dec 11, 2014.

1. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Well after having the tractor for 5 years we are finally using all the rear remotes. My brother had 3 put on when he originally got the tractor but we have only ever used 1 on the top link. Now it is a full top and tilt along with power angle on the plow.

[​IMG]

working in our friends shop is great . Anything you could ever need is at your finger tips. This made mounting the angle cylinder to the blade a snap.

[​IMG]

the tilt cylinder needed a bit of work. It had to be shortend several inches to fit in place of the side link. It now fits perfect ! The cylinder is a short throw but it gives alot of movment at the blade.

[​IMG]

I'm not sure how much tilt we are getting at the blade but its atleast 10 degrees and the power angle is going to be sweet. The tilt function will be awsome in the summer with the gannon box as well. The third remote will lower the tines next summer making that a hands off attachment to !
    If we end up getting a winter like last the tractor will see some time on the job other wise it will sleep in a garage until my brother needs to plow his driveway l.o.l. Here is a couple pics of it playing in the snow last winter. We do a saftey path for the local twp. Wet normally plow this with our ploaris ranger until the snow gets to deep. The path is 8' wide so the tractor works great. There are a couple of bridges and wet areas so the twp. doesnt want a truck used on it for weight reasons.We had to break through the piles at every enterence along the mile path way.

[​IMG]

it was so cold that day I beleive the high was 5 degrees but the cab in the tractor is so warm you almost get cooked out !