1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally Used my VX95 - Very Happy

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by plowguy43, Nov 23, 2011.

1. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I bought this plow the day before Halloween and didn't have time to do the install before our first big storm on Halloween. This past weekend a friend helped assemble the plow side which was very simple. The biggest hurdle was getting the huge wings to line up the center pin, not very difficult, just cumbersome.

With the storm we were expecting (and getting today) I had to rush to finish the install on my truck last night. Once again, everything went together easily and the only issue's I had were really truck related, not plow related.

So I headed out this morning and gave it a run. I have to say I'm loving this plow. Hydraulics are quick, controls are easy (thought I wouldn't like the two button scoop/vee but its easy), and obviously the size of this thing makes quick work of driveways.

* Attaching the plow to the truck was easy. Coming from a Fisher Minute Mount and never using anything else, I thought it was a very similar design and very simple to get mounted up.
    * I love the jack. If the plow height was off while trying to attach to the truck, a few cranks and it was perfect- something I could never do with my Fisher. You'd have to rock it back and forth, angle the headgear, etc.

Now for a couple of questions-
    1. My lights work, I had to do the switched ground setup on the relay as they wouldn't work the normal way. Headlights work, high beams work, signals work, but the running lights don't light up on the plow lights at all. The only time they light up is if I turn off the trucks lights. I'm thinking I did something wrong on the wiring - although I tapped the correct truck side wires.
    2. Is there a way to adjust the lift pressure? When plowing into a bank, I'll lift the blade and it doesn't seem like it takes much to stop the lift of the plow. I understand this is a 9'6" plow and it has a lot of snow in front of it, but it just feels like it should have a little more lift power to me.

Picture 352.jpg

2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, how do you like the V10 over the Hemi,360ci, and 4.7?

3. plowguy43

I loved it, tons of torque (450ft/lbs-more then HEMI). I think its a great truck engine that has the power in the right spot.

4. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Glad to hear all went smoothly and you got a chance to use it.

As far as your lights go, on ALL switched ground installs the brown wires for the parking lights go to GROUND, not the parking light circuit.

It's a very common mistake (because it's counterintuitive). I'd bet that's the issue with your parking lights. Every time I rewrite the instructions I try to make that line a little bigger and bolder... Your instructions probably mentioned it, but not very clearly.

5. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

I got the 8.5vx and it stacks the snow really well. I would try lifting a little earlier to see if that helps. Also a wet sticky snow slows all plows down, if that was the case.

6. plowguy43

Scott- I just looked at the directions again and it says it right there. I wired everything up and put it all back together before testing. Then I turned the lights on and nothing so I knew it was a switched ground and re- did the relay wiring and the plow lights turned on so I figured I was good. I didn't even think to look back at the directions.

The plow worked awesome yesterday I love it. Do you know the thread of those screws holding the cover over the pump? Mine came loose and fell out while plowing.

This thing surely performed well and I'm loving the scoop mode, makes cleanup so much quicker.

7. OrganicsL&L

OrganicsL&L Senior Member
    from Maine

Where'd you get yours? I'm still hanging out at Michaud's while they do the install. They even took me out to lunch while I waited!

Keep us posted on how it works, I am a little worried that it isn't Yellow with a splash on it, but @$1500 cheaper than a comparable Fisher, I'm hopeful that it holds up!

8. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

How does it work in the dirt? Looks like you got a bit first time out!

9. plowguy43

Every drive plus 1 road I plow is dirt and it did very well. I'm loving it and its built very well. Organics, I bought it at Candia Trailer in NH cash and carry for $4300. I'll never go back to a fisher after buying this plow. I'm actually thinking of getting wings for it.

10. OrganicsL&L

from Maine

11. plowguy43

I almost got mine from Michauds, they quoted me $43xx for a cash and carry, but then I'd have to add on Maine Taxes which would've added a couple hundred. I used a truck from work and picked it up in NH, nothing more then a couple tolls out of my pocket to get it. Install was stupid easy, they basically come assembled in the box. Just truck side needed to be done and even that was simple.

I think you will love the new plow.

12. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes Senior Member
    from NH

Candia just quoted me $3,900 for a 8'6" V cash and carry. Seems like a good deal to me. How long did it take to install? How rugged is the truck side mount? I don't like trying new brands of plows but for that price I think I will.

13. plowguy43

I'll snap some pics tomorrow morning of the truck side. Its similar in "beef" to the Boss truck side. I'd think it has to be to support a nearly 1000 lb plow. Install was easy on my ram, no drilling. I can go into more detail tomorrow my phone is being a pain.

14. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Do you like the mounting system, say in comparison to the MM2 or RT3? I watched the video of the MD mounting with the foot plates and I am not to pleased but maybe I would have to see it up close or try it myself.

15. OrganicsL&L

from Maine

I just took my TE80 off this morning for the first time and it took all of about 2 minutes. Very easy. We'll see how easy it goes back on, but the plow is level, and should be a snap.

16. plowguy43

Sorry guys I meant to take pictures but haven't. Had a storm yesterday and once again not an issue after 5 hours of plowing and about 100 miles of driving.

Mounting went on much easier this time. VERY simple if you've used a Fisher before. Line it up, make sure the slots line up with the support bar on the truck side, drive truck in then tilt the headgear back until the pins latch. Done!

17. plowguy43

Well I figured I'd update this thread because I'm bored and have taken more pictures - sorry none of the mount but I will.

Anyways, it has still performed flawless and works well on the gravel/sand roads and drives I do. The few drives I have that are paved it scrapes down to the pavement. I'm still loving this plow and am probably going to buy some wings for it, I'm just wondering if they angle forward a bit?

Also - wondering how to get new screws for the pump case? They came loose and fell out the first time plowing, I've been running without the cover since which I don't want to do anymore.

Here are some pics from when I bought it and my last storm.

SD 1.jpg

SD 2.jpg

SD 3.jpg

SD 4.jpg

SD 5.jpg

18. plowguy43

That guy in the pics is bacwudzme, he helped get this thing setup!

SD 7.jpg

SD 8.jpg

SD 9.jpg

SD 10.jpg

SD 11.jpg

19. plowguy43

Last one until the next storm!

SD 12.jpg

20. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Plow looks great. Glad it is treating you well. At least my hometown of Cleveland can put out a good product even though are sports teams fumble in the final seconds.