1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally (Trucks In Snow)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by JPMAKO, Jan 15, 2006.

JPMAKO Senior Member

Finally able to take some pics of the trucks in the snow Lol.
    First is my Chevy

JPMAKO Senior Member

And here is the Fleet after the Storm.

JPMAKO Senior Member

Here is one more Fleet pic.

4. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Looking good;)
  5. me1223

me1223 Member

I read your sig line, but is that middle truck a f-250, it looks too small to me.:confused:

JPMAKO Senior Member

Last one for now

JPMAKO Senior Member

Both Fords are F-250's
    The Grey Ford is a 1989 with only 80,000 on the clock but northeast winters have taken its toll on the body. About two years ago it had Zero Rust. It seems to happen overnight.
  8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Got close to plowing almost had to put the plow on. lol (all seasonal)

JPMAKO Senior Member

Bet your happy so far this year. I have a feeling that Feb. we are gonna get hammered. My most reliable weather source is a Farmer and he says Feb. and March we are gonna get some big snows and much colder temps.
    I am about half Seasonal so I really don't care either way. It is nice to get out at least a couple of times a year though.

10. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Trucks look good Jason. My grandfather is a farmer as well and he is saying the same thing you just said, I hope that he is right payup :drinkup:
  11. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

I hope so too!
    Farmers seem to know the best. This guy is pretty accurate for the last couple of years. Last year he predicted around 12 plowable events and we had 13payup payup .

I would love a Repeat:drinkup: .

12. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Nice Fleet.
  13. pools&plowingct

pools&plowingct Member

hey jp how do u liek the 250 psd in the snow how does it hold up front end wise
  14. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Nice fleet....really like the Chevy Duramax!
  15. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

Thanks all,

Pools- the 97 holds the plow pretty well, I have had the springs re-arched, and that has helped with the sagging. Being that it is a diesel it comes with the heavier springs to begin with, but over time these ford front ends need to be re-done. Every ford truck that I have owned has had the same problems with the springs. I remember having two Bronco's and I put airbags in the coils to help for weight and the other I stumbled across a pair of heavy duty coils. That helped with those two trucks. Now that I own my first GM I was a little disappointed that I had to add Timbrens to the front end. I also cranked the torsion bars and that helped quite a bit.

One day maybe the manufacturers of these $40k- $50k trucks can make these things handle the weight a little better.