1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally took some pics of hooklift hydraulic spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Dumpster Guy, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Dumpster Guy

Dumpster Guy Member

finally got around to taking some pics of my hooklift spreader set-up. We also pick this up with our 338 hino (5ton). I am looking at building some extensions for it to take advantage of the larger GVW. The challenge is I only have a John Deere 313 to load with and it doesn't have the biggest dump height.

I havn't got around to putting our logo or phone number on it...seems like ther is always so much to do..

Ps I just picked up a Epoke Mini 5 after reading the feed back on walk behind spreaders. I look forward to using it and pass on my newbie opinion. I bought it because it should last longer than my broken snow-ex Sp-75....

DSCN4409.jpg

DSCN4411.jpg

DSCN4410.jpg

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Looks nice :drinkup:

How do you like the Bullet?

3. Dumpster Guy

Dumpster Guy Member

Really like it, and great value for the money. I have 100k on it in 1.5 yrs that thing gets worked hard everyday. For the dumpsters it handles itself well as far as plowing I have never owned another plow truck so I don't have anything to compare it to.

I replaced a steering box at 80Km and thought that was a little premature but other wise a good truck.....

4. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

great truck, graphics are very cool......lets see some pics of the Hino

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice looking truck.

6. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Was it leaking or did you have other issues? I replaced mine on my 1 ton Dodge a couple years ago because it was leaking and they said there wasn't a fix for it. Well, last year it started leaking again only this time there WAS a repair kit for it :dizzy: The price difference was several hundred dollars.

The extra front end weight from the plow must make those units fail prematurely.

7. Dumpster Guy

Dumpster Guy Member

Thanks for the compliments, we definitley stand out in the garbage business >here's pics of the hino

DSCN4382.jpg

DSCN4369.jpg

8. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Man, that is slick looking. Love the body wrap as well.

9. bterry

bterry Senior Member

Truck and spreader set up very cool, innovative and really sharp. Why did you put the legs so far back instead of maybe straight down, bumper/protection effect? Is it a bit light on the front axel with a full load and without the plow?

10. Dumpster Guy

Dumpster Guy Member

I am embarrassed to say but last year we bent the spinner on my snow-ex 1875 so many times that is now for a bumper and to keep them out of the way. but mostly as a bumper> they are on pins so I can bring them up around 10 more inches. This year if I hit something it will still cost me but at least I can get through the night.

DSCN3487.jpg

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  11. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

nice equipment......love the company slogan

12. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Them truck almost look to nice to plow with ! :salute:

13. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

Them bins must come in handy when it's time to re-locate some snow!

14. prostk2

prostk2 Member

Very nice set up with good graphics!!!
    Good luck this year!!

15. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Very nice trucks.
    Good luck this winter

16. Dumpster Guy

Dumpster Guy Member

That's what the garbage guys said that they looked to good to be a garbage truck, but those wraps have brought me more business than any form of advertising. When the wrap finally dies, they use a heat process to remove the wrap in the end it will have actually protected the paint. I got the wrap one week after I bough the truck so it has sseen some serious use and doesn't show any real signs of wear. People tell me they see my trucks everywhere mean while it has been just me and 1 employee.....

lawnproslawncar> I havn't moved snow yet but I hope to this year> the bins are great to move the skid around. For short distances we just drive into bin and go (1minute load-up). Usually we use bigger bins with higher side walls. This pic makes my 5 yard look tiny....

deere.jpg

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  17. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

What kind of hydraulics does the hook system operate off of?

18. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

Very nice trucks! I like the paint jobs.

19. Dumpster Guy

Dumpster Guy Member

They truck has a PTO installed for the hooklift, we installed a selector lever to switch to the salter.

20. fieldman23

fieldman23 Junior Member

Nice set up!