1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

finally-the snow has come bach too IOWA!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sgreanbean, Feb 2, 2002.

1. sgreanbean

sgreanbean Junior Member

we finally got it! 9.2" i have been waiting all year for snow!i have all these large scale accounts and was looking to do real good this year. when it finally came though i learned real quick that you better check out your subs real good. i had three subs either not show or screw up accounts real bad. whole thing turned into a nightmear. meeting new guys today too see if they can handle what i can give them. any body in the quad cities on here looking for more work and you are dependable give me a call!
    McKinley Tree Service... im in the book!

2. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Hey sgreanbean, I and mtnbk9 was looking for work this past storm. He lives in Moline and I in Coal Valley. My cell is 309-269-3426. Call me when ya get a chance.

3. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

yeah finally a little snow, about 6 inches or so. it was pretty wet and heavy to scoop. got to try out my plow, worked great.
    my lots look better than the city streets, i think they gave up cause it was pretty warm today.

hope this isnt the only snow we get!!!
    Mark K

4. sgreanbean

sgreanbean Junior Member

will do

5. SCL

SCL Senior Member

We got our 10"-12" over here on Wed/Thurs. Wet, nasty heavy, stuff that took about twice as long to oush as normal. Spent 17 hours in the truck, the last four helping a friend/competitor who broke down 2/3 of his trucks. Half tons, Meyer snow plows, and 10" of wet cement, what a combination. Glad to help, could be me someday. Everything from early on froze underneath, no traction even in the gravel lots. Pre-salting on the blacktops made all the difference. Now for the next one:rolleyes:

6. Plumberguy

Plumberguy Junior Member

7. Plumberguy

Plumberguy Junior Member

SCL, You ever get in a bind give me a ring. I am in Dixon Doing a few accounts so I could help if you ever need it. We did pretty well with this storm. Done in about 12 hours and everything went well. I pre-salted for the first time and could tell a difference in the traction in those lots. My cell number is 499-5559.