1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

finally the scientific answer for our mild weather

Discussion in 'Weather' started by crazymike, Jan 8, 2006.

1. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

The weather channel had a segment on the warm weather we have been happening. This warm weather is apparently caused by the Arctic vortex being in the wrong region. I can't remember the specifics, but it should be somewhere over Hudsons Bay. This is a result of another, warmer vortex being in the wrong region. Which should be located somewhere in the south.

The question they didn't answer was why this has happened and if it will fix itself any time soon. But atleast it's an answer to our problems. Now if we could only find a solution.

If anyone has more information on this curse, that would be great. Maybe the vortex will shift and it will snow until July? ;)
  2. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

it better not snow till, july, not even till april, ocean temp gots to wamr up in time the the striped bass to arrive in early may so i can go flats fishing, rather be flats fishing than plowing or anything else in the world!
  3. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I would love snow til July! I need to make $$$!
  4. JPLTrucking

JPLTrucking Member

We all need to start doing the snow dance... :redbounce

JKOOPERS Senior Member

LOOKS LIKE CENTRAL MISSOURI IS GONNA GET HIT 5 - 8 inches . damn so close
  6. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Send it north!! I'm itchin to try my plow out.

JKOOPERS Senior Member

8. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

only vortex i know of is the money going out and nothing coming in.. lol