1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally, the 2009-10 plowing season is underway!

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Alaska Boss, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

Well, it's was getting close to a month late, but today we got 4-5" of super-dry, fluffy snow (12° F today, Nov. 8th), and even tho I didn't need to, I hooked up the Blizzard and scraped out my yard/driveway, just to shake the bugs out of the truck & plow. I got a couple calls today, but since we're supposed to get up to another 8" by tomorrow, I told them, let's just wait til tomorrow after this storm dumps itself out, so tomorrow I'll have a few jobs to do, minimum. The new truck is still in the shop undergoing it's plow-worthy make-over,... hope to have it done in a couple more days. So, I snapped a couple pictures today of what I did,... but this thread will probably just be a general repeat of the one from last year,... so it may be kinda boring, but that's all I got,... except maybe with a different colored truck,... :bluebounc

1st plow 3 (Small).JPG

1st plow 2 (Small).JPG

1st plow 4 (Small).JPG
  2. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

looks good to me AB helps get us all excited for the coming season:drinkup:
  3. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

There's a couple small things to fix on the Blizzard & the truck,... but everything worked perfect,... we've had below zero temps for several weeks now, so the ground is nice & hard,..

1st plow 5 (Small).JPG

1st plow 6 (Small).JPG

1st plow 7 (Small).JPG
  4. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Yep, it does that for me too wesport

As it starts to get dark now around 3:30 in the afternoon, the white balance goes off on my camera, so the pictures have a blue tint,.. oh well,... :rolleyes:

1st plow 8 (Small).JPG

1st plow 12 (Small).JPG

1st plow 9 (Small).JPG
  5. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

That's it for today,.. maybe I'll snap a few more tomorrow,... :waving:

1st plow 13 (Small).JPG

1st plow 11 (Small).JPG

1st plow 14 (Small).JPG
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Looks to cold to me!
  7. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

I think I could see my breath !!!!

Cant wait to be doing that !!!
  8. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

lukcy. wish I got snow already. cant wait to see more pics.
  9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Alaska Boss=Boring?

10. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I really like that truck.....what tires are you running??
  11. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

absolutely love that truck!! I'm looking forward to plowing season but can really wait another month! Got a lot of landscape projects and cleanups left to do for the year!
  12. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I am looking forward to the winter as well, but I too need about 3 more weeks of fall to finish the green work.......
  13. gkm

gkm Senior Member

very nice as always.....could be getting nor-easter our way this week with snow in the mountains
  14. Steve'sZr2

Steve'sZr2 Member

what kind of after market lights are you using on the plow's light bar? I think you said so in the last thread but that would take a couple of days to find. Great pictures and nice write ups on the plows last thread.
  15. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

LOOKS GREAT. Give me three weeks like everyone else and I will be ready. Just waiting on a few more bids to hear back from. Did you get a new truck ro just giving the other truck a paint job,

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Cool pics, can't wait to get started here, sent some cold and snow this way
  17. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

This has to be the best thread on plowsite . I can't wait to see more pic's
  18. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Come on we need more pics! Almost better than.... Well maybe not but close!!
  19. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

let this be known, that well be the new and greatest plow thread of this season !!!!!!:D
  20. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

looks great as allways!

we got about 3-4" here in anchorage, supposed to get another 3" tonight hopfully i'll have some pics up. tonight also.