1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally str8 ready to go

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cutbetterthanyo, Dec 22, 2010.

1. cutbetterthanyo

cutbetterthanyo Senior Member

I've finally gotten my stuff str8. I got the one ton finshed with its hybrid/junkyard plow and got the western put on the d-max. Now i'm ready for the snow what do you guys think.

IMG_2621.jpg

IMG_2620.jpg

IMG_2619.jpg

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  2. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

lets see some more of that junkyard plow

3. cutbetterthanyo

Here are some of it . It is a old Meyer blade. Fisher hydrolics. Airflow pump and headlight bracket. Made my own wireing harness.Fisher joystick. Used tractor pins to hold it all on.

IMG_2622.jpg

IMG_2623.jpg

4. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

That black one ton looks like a solid truck. It reminds me of one I've seen on youtube of the guy pushing snow and every time he backs up he says beep beep beep all the time. Funny guy, but gets annoying after about 2 minutes.

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

While i'm not 100% sure because i can't get a good total view in the pics, i would bet the weak point on the plow on the one-ton is going to be where that square stock coming from the headgear is welded to the piece of angle iron on the plow A-frame. Just a guess though and something you may want to look at.

That old chevy just look B/A though! What exhaust are you running in your Dmax?

6. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

looks like it will work, and at a fraction of the cost of a new plow

7. nhgranite

nhgranite Senior Member
    from N.H

dam thats a long truck! hope its for big lots.

8. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

thats a fisher / western pump unit with sehp controls.

nice use of parts. but 1 looooong truck to turn around with.

i love my 79k30 plow rig. cant beat those solid axle trucks with dana 60 front axles. wesport

9. cutbetterthanyo

I put the 1 ton together this fall i have only used it once so far it does ok. There are some weak points on the plow but the whole thing is kind of light duty,Meyer for ya:realmad:. I just finshed putting the other plow on the dmax yesterday.I am getting alot of work lined up this year. just need the snow.This is my first year with a plow.Thank god i am finally off the tractor. My plan is to keep the old one as a back up and see how it goes. I really don't know what i want to do, the old one is a beast and not worried about running thru the salt, but boy is it a b!t(h to turn around and it is also a stick. That is why i bought the plow for the new one. Who knows i may sell the old one at some point.

The dmax has stock exhuast just a 6 inch tip.When it was less than a week old i has a crew in it and crushed the side in with the trailer. Instead of a new exhuast i just cut the bent part and put a tip on. Plus there isn't much sound from a dmax unless u do the egr delete and i do want to mess with that.

10. sweetk30

you could modify the crew cab like i did for my offroad play toy project.

4' & 6" from the back of the cab to end of frame now for 4' flat bed build soon.

and shortened up the wheelbase from 165" down to 132" 1/2 " longer than std cab long bed truck . she will be a great party / play toy when done. i got a HUGE list of parts for it.

pic #1 stock fresh from ny state dec auction. crusty rusty in the normal places.

pic #2 chopped and shortened just a bit . and 8" lift kit and 38" tires

88 crew cab build 025.jpg

88 crew cab build 078.jpg

11. cutbetterthanyo

Thats pretty cool. Do you ever go on 67-72chevytruck? I am not a member, but they have alot of cool trucks on there and not just 67-72 they have just about all years. Theres a pic of a charchol crew cab short bed with what looks like 18's and 35s i love that truck. A few shorten ones like yours to. I would post a link but not sure how.

12. sweetk30

13. fargosnowpro

fargosnowpro Member

What, no plow on the Benz?! :jester:

14. cutbetterthanyo

That's the wifey's car it doesn't even get driven when theres snow on the road. I turn into her shofer. It's a very nice car, but sucks in the snow.

15. dpglandscapes

dpglandscapes Senior Member
    from 01982

rebel fleet