1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally something plowable in Connecticut!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by joeco129, Dec 11, 2007.

1. joeco129

joeco129 Senior Member

Between Thursday and possibly a a big coastal storm on Sunday things should good here this weekend...

Anyone hearing snowfall totals yet?

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

FInally, I mean its already Dec 11. I was about to put the snowplows away and get out the mowers again.:confused:

3. itzkcatz

itzkcatz Member
    from CT

Lets hope so guys, Wouldnt mind some extra cash for the holidays!

4. PlowingRedneck

PlowingRedneck Member
    from SE CT

From what i heard this morning it could be a substantial amount. But im not even going to hold my breath on this one lol untill i see at least 2 inches on the ground then ill go out lol but untill then not doing a thing lol

Happy Plowing :waving:

5. joeco129

joeco129 Senior Member

Yeah, I could use some holiday cash too! I hope we get dumped on big time... 30 hours would be nice.

6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i heard my plow is on

7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

im glad to see im not the only CT guy with ants in his pants. opposed to everyone else in the country we've been getting the shaft. I mean come on even DC has gotten snow!
    i dunno, i dont wanna jinx it by talking about it, but it doesnt really matter, if its gonna snow its snow, if not it's not. ive heard "plowable" for thurs-fri

according to the Mad Man sunday night is our shot at getting blasted!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  8. joeco129

joeco129 Senior Member

Yeah, I could use some holiday cash too! I hope we get dumped on big time... 30 hours would be nice.

9. TurbDies2500

TurbDies2500 Senior Member

Sounds good to me. I havnt really heard to many snowfall totals yet but It seems like we could get a good amount. I am taking meteorology at the University of New Hampshire right now and my professor seems to think that this storm on thursday will have a good punch but its too far to tell about sunday. time will tell.

10. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

im on the coast so i hope its a coastal storm

11. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

Yeah- I'm taking the wait and see approach. If it does snow thurs it means I have weds and thurs to finish fall clean-ups---- D'oh.

Considering the last 2 storms we had in the late winter were freakin icy disasters I think 2-4 inches of actual snow would be sweeeeeeet. Good test run for the possible bigger storm on the weekend. Good luck suckas.

12. Bill 211

Bill 211 Member

well , so far so good ,their saying 3-5 on the shoreline , now its time to put the blade on:bluebounc

13. Bowtieguy

Bowtieguy Member
    from CT

I'm hearing 3-5 on Thurs with a good one coming again on Sunday!
    Yahoo! Finally! Just in time for the Holiday.

14. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

The 5-7 they are predicting is perfect. A nice full run for the routes.

15. PlowingRedneck

PlowingRedneck Member
    from SE CT

Its about time lol plows are on some trucks but not all lol. Bring me the holiday cash lol. I have a question for some of ya i have slight issues having snow stick to the plow is there anyway of stopping that i heard crisco does that lol but idk. Can anyone help me out on that.

16. joeco129

joeco129 Senior Member

I suppose crisco or even a silicone would work (WD-40). If you want to spend a couple bucks get some Fluid Film... spray everything... works great... tons of apllications... some guys undercoat thier trucks.

Check out the FF forum farther down the Plowsite homepage... under Industry Equipment Forums.

17. ManorLandscape8

ManorLandscape8 Member

I am hearing around 4-8 tomorrow and 6-12 sunday. Its going to be a great weekendpayup

18. 06HD BOSS

.....:sleeping:.....

19. 06HD BOSS

the latest from NBC

1212071124.jpg

20. joeco129

joeco129 Senior Member

NICE!!! That's what we need! Bring it on!:nod: