Snow Plowing Forum banner

Finally some snow

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Antlerart06 
#1 ·
Heres a few pics from the storm we had this past weekend. I think it was right at 5 inches. We finally getting a good storm here in Des Moines. This first pic is the day before, notice the corner of my cutting edge is busted off. Im not sure where it happened, but im thinking about buying a set of xtendor plow guards. Has anyone used those? I would like to know your thoughts on them. Thanks

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

See less See more
#8 ·
WIPensFan;1441434 said:
Truck looks cool. Glad to see you got to plow, looks like a wet one.
It was wet.

GMC25004x4;1441501 said:
Nice Looking truck, what kind of light bar is that?
Whelen LP responder. I bought it off strobesnmore.com.

SnowMatt13;1441512 said:
We use Extendors on all our plows and love them.
I tried a set on my MVP and the edges wore great, but in the center it wore down fast and I ended up with an uneven cutting edge.
So you wouldn't suggest them? Also do you think it will work even missing that chunk of cutting edge? I just want to get something to help that side of the plow. The cutting edge that's on there now is only a year old, so I don't want to replace it just yet.

#9 ·
exmark;1441524 said:
So you wouldn't suggest them? Also do you think it will work even missing that chunk of cutting edge? I just want to get something to help that side of the plow. The cutting edge that's on there now is only a year old, so I don't want to replace it just yet.
I think the wear problem is probably because the cutting edge is only 3/8 thick. My suggestion if your going to put guards on double up the middle 8" or so on each side by the hinge with a piece of 5/8" cutting edge. Essentially just bolting a 8" piece of cutting edge on top of the existing cutting edge on each wing. That way the extra thickness of the guard won't allow the middle of the cutting edges to wear fast because its also offset in the middle of the plow. Just my $.02.

#10 ·
On the MVP you can adjust it on A frame If the center wearing to fast You need to tilt plow forward more I had do that to mine
Mine use to wear realy bad and now it might be 1/4-1/2 difference from center to the ends
I set mine where sets flat in scoop mode thats where mine is 90% of the time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.