1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally, some snow coming for the east coast...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Buswell Forest, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

This weekend......rumor has it over 12" for about everyone from Virginia to Maine.
  2. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Depends who you listen too. I hear its going to struggle to bring much snow past NYC. Anywhere south of that looks to get hammered
  3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Calling for a little over 6" here in PA. Will believe it when I see it.
  4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Long wAy to go
  5. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Been quite a few "disappearing" long range storms so far.Be nice to have a weekend storm though,not sure if I remember how to plow.Have to laugh at the reports that have actual totals this far out.
  6. Buswell Forest

from NH

7. chevyhauler

chevyhauler Senior Member

as of right now, the weather that they are talking about is actually over the Pacific ocean. It is not until it is over the west coast that forecasts will start to get more reliable (as their models get more data than when they r over water). I don't start to get excited until we are 48 hours out.
  8. Buswell Forest

from NH

His last 7 model runs are consistent. The Euro is the most accurate model for the Atlantic Coast storms. I have followed him on fb for 3 years....he gets a few wrong, but this time I think he is right.
  9. CowboysLC_DE

CowboysLC_DE Senior Member

How do I connect my plow wires? Big wire to Big wire and Little wire to Little wire, right?!

I finally spread some salt last night.

***WAIT, does that photo actually say 26" for Delaware? I've been reading around 5-6" for Friday and Saturday.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  10. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

You are in the hit zone on this one buddy! Good luck!
  11. fishandson

fishandson Member

I'm in DE... today's models are saying 18+ inches.. Is it bad that doesnt excite me? Sounds like a lot of work lol
  12. CowboysLC_DE

CowboysLC_DE Senior Member

I can't believe I didn't hear about it until I saw that model. I had read 1-3" friday and 3-5" saturday. But everything has been ready to go so no worries at the moment.

13. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Good luck guys!
  14. pinepointe

pinepointe Senior Member

Hope So

We have been plowing for the last 3 days in western MD. Nothing big but enough to keep busy. So damn cold salt wont work. I hope we get 3 feet with 70 mph winds. Been a lousy winter for the white stuff so far. Good luck to everyone.:yow!:
  15. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

Lets hope so! I am so ready for a real storm.
  16. Buswell Forest

from NH

17. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

Sounds like a party for you guys. I hope you at least get some work. The storms following the southern jet have been loaded with moisture this year. We got hammered with ice and concrete a couple times. Once it all started it hasn't stopped either, we've been busy for over a week now. Good luck all!!
  18. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

i hope you're sleep deprived.
    and you get stuck & your lift ram hose blows apart.:waving:

Happy plowing

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  19. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

You guys might have to give us some pointers, we haven't seen snow in so long won't no what to do. :laughing:
  20. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Not bad at all. No one should be excited about that.