1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally, some good news...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NW Snow Removal, Dec 3, 2009.

1. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

Got a call this morning from a commercial client with 3 locations who left us in October for a lowballer quoting literally 75% less than our prices. She told me that they called her and told her they were "over committed" and couldn't provide her service this winter. So, of course, she calls us back looking to re-sign all 3 locations with an additional location we serviced in 2008. Suuuuuuure....I told her, but with it being so late in the season, prices are now 10% higher.

I wonder if the guy who was supposed to do it just signed with USM to do a Wal-Mart and is now "over committed" ...lol. At least he was smart enough to call the customer beforehand and not just leave her hanging during a blizzard.

2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Nice work!

3. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Hey good for you that's gotta be a bonus.

I was thinking.....If I won the lottery or came across some money like GV, I would call my customers and tell them I'm over committed too!:D

4. big acres

big acres Senior Member

I wonder if "overcommitted" meant they lowballed evrything and then cherry picked the most dense routes they could, then welched on the rest?

Congrats on getting them back and the 10% penalty.

5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

6. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

75%? wooowww...

7. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

See all, good thing do come for those who wait!......Good for you!... are you going to try to sign her up for a 3 year deal? Now would be a good time while she has the "lowballer taste" in her mouth!