1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally Snow

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by wolfmobile8, Jan 12, 2012.

1. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

Finally got some snow. Wasn't much but I still got to plow. Only took a few pics. Pushed about 2 inches of wet slop.

2. wolfmobile8

last three

3. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

I hope you cleaned up that curb line in the last pic.

Good looking set up....hopefully I will get out again tonight, but not looking hopeful right now :(
  4. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

Nice rig. Are those 285/75-16 BFG AT's? Do you like em?
  5. wolfmobile8

Yea that snow was a mess was alot of water so no mater how many times I got in front of the curbs it would still be a little messy. The rest will melt but I do get to the curb as close as i can. I always do a neat plow job. Hate when it's all sloppy hahah.
    nope 295-75-16 bfg at's. Yes I like them. I think they will last longer then my nitto terra grapplers that I had on before.
  6. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I see. Did you do anything to accomodate this size? cutting? Did you level yours using new torsion keys or did you just adjust your factory ones?

I'm running 265's on a similar truck thinking about going to 285's. 295's look real good. Kind of an uncommon size.
  7. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Finally got our first good push in last night/this am too.
  8. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Yes I too am finaly going to get some snow, I'm exited looking at the forcast, not yet this year has it looked like this, with snow & cold temps.:drinkup:

Attached Files:

9. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Where are the pictures?
  10. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

put set wings on that plow then clean up on the curb will be nicer
    I dont think I could ever plow with out wing
  11. Antlerart06

Dont want hi jack your thread here cpl pics I took
    1st pic stacking snow
    2nd pic opening my road up 3-4 ft drift took few pass to bust open

SNLS 007.JPG

SNLS 012.JPG
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  12. wolfmobile8

Yea I don't really like the wings and they wouldn't look good on the xblade
    I am waiting for a big stroms to come up this way. I am sick of these little storms that are all wet slop. I want to start plowing some deep powder haha.
  13. Antlerart06

But little storms are faster money Quick work vs Deep snow My thoughts after last Fed Blizzard I hope I don't see that again 23'' in 12 hrs then 2 more days of High winds Then 2 days in a loader pushing piles back some places hauling snow away Yes made some nice$$ but at the cost some body wear I was in my truck 32 hrs with total 4 hrs of sleep
  14. MattyK

MattyK Senior Member
    from Boston

At least you got something! I'm out in Wayland and we haven't gotten anything to push yet!
  15. wolfmobile8

When I bought the truck it already had 295's on it that were nittos. Its deff an odd size. My front bumper is trimed on each side and I have keys in the front but they arn't cranked up.
    Yea the little stroms are nice . I blast threw those pretty quick but we havn't had a big strom yet this season and we are due for one.
    Hopeefully there will be a enough to plow tommorrow
  16. oldbluehairhemi

oldbluehairhemi Senior Member

good looking truck wolf!
  17. BPS#1

BPS#1 2000 Club Member

Our first two snows of the 11/12 season were 6'' and 8'' of that heavy wet stuff.
    You could wring water out of it.
    Exactly one week apart almost to the hour.