1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally Scratched my Diesel Itch!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by metallihockey88, Feb 26, 2009.

1. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

well, been lookin around at trucks for a while now when this truck really caught my eye. its a 2006 F250 XLT FX4 with the 6.0 diesel with 55k miles. i know the 6.0 are problems but did carfax and oasis and its a completely clean truck from florida with a spotless oasis report. took the 2.5 hour trek to check this thing out and it was completely spotless, mint condition. best part was the price, 20.5K. ive seen this same truck selling for 26-28k. i must say the Lenz Truck Center in Fond du Lac, WI is a class act place. they have an unbelieveable selection of trucks at damn good prices and they tear these things apart and go over everything on them. all trucks are near mint condition at this place. but back to mine, so excited to finally get a diesel, love this thing. hopefully i can stay lucky and have this truck treat me well. cant wait to pick up a plow over the summer and get this bad boy ready to move some serious snow next winter :D

f250 1.jpg

f250 2.jpg

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Congrats. I drive the exact same truck and color too except an older version with 7.3 PS.

3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

The diesel bug has bitten:drinkup:

4. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

awesome looking truck. that'd look great with a nice stainless plow.

5. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

Great looking rig! Lot's of luck with it!

6. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

great looking truck and at that price you cant beat it
    good luck with it!

7. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

beautiful...truck.

you'll love the 6.0, so much torque.

8. redstroker_2002

redstroker_2002 Member

very nice!!

9. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

nice, i like the color

10. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Thats the same truck I want, except I want a 350 with an 8' bed. Put a Boss on there. it would look sweet

11. sle

sle Member
    from midwest

Thats funny, I posted the oasis report @ ford-truck forum for that exact truck.
    Someone must of tiped u off, That will be the last time I will ever post on their again!!
    Cant trust anybody anymore.

12. metallihockey88

you wanted to buy this truck or your the one that ran the oasis for me?...someone on there sent me the oasis report

13. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Ahhhh there it is! Beautiful! I think you got a good deal.

14. teamgreendude

teamgreendude Senior Member

you should put a boss 8ft plow on it to match the color

15. sle

sle Member
    from midwest

Actually, I wanted to buy that truck, so I sent them the vin and it came back as a clean vehicle. And then I called lenz to get some info cause I was waiting for my taxes.
    So I;m guessing that someone must of tipped u off? none the less, thats a bada** truck.
    Good luck:nod:

16. metallihockey88

lol..no tipoffs...was on their site looking at another truck and saw that one and couldnt believe how cheap it was. went out there to find something wrong but the truck was mint, sorry i beat ya to it. maybe look for somethin else out there, all their tucks are mint, great selection of trucks.

17. metallihockey88

yea, thats what i see goin on it. was thinkin of goin with a new western but my plow guy is a boss dealer and is diehard on boss so think ill end up with a boss. i know they are great plows and of course part support is king and he is about 10min away from me and a great guy on top of it, cant beat that :drinkup:

18. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

very nice. but you copied me! i just picked up a red 2006 6.0L this past week too. except mines a dump. check out my thread. i was a little leary after hearing everything about the 6.0 but the oasis on mine came back clean too. from what i understand the 2006 6.0 had the least amount of claims out of any year. i hope both our new trucks serve us good!

19. metallihockey88

yea, saw your dump. looks sweet, wish i had use for something like that. did a lot of research on these trucks before i bought mine and as you said, i was told by many people that all the bugs except the usual EGR crap and the headgaskets under tuning were worked out and should be as reliable and long lasting as any 7.3. keepin my fingers crossed for both of us, about 800 miles and so far so good :drinkup:

20. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

That truck looks great and hopefully it will serve you well.

Congrats on the new purchase!