1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally put plow together.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by IA Farmer, Oct 20, 2010.

1. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Well harvest is over and I finally had a day to put my new Western 8'6'' MVP plow together and install it on my truck. I love the plow and can't wait to put it to use.

2. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

one more. Does anyone know if the rubber deflector goes on top of or below the metal center piece? I have it below but it is really tight.

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

below the metal piece. my buddy just gone one a week ago. looks great, what size?
  4. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I assumed it went below at least thats what made the most sense. its an 8'6'', I hadn't built a plow in about 7 years so it took me the better part of the day to put it together.
  5. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Pretty sweet there man. I actually just got the same plow for the same truck haha, but mines all black. Where did you buy your plow from?
  6. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

It goes below. It will rub a little but its no big deal. If it went above, the snow would push it up and leak out when moving a big pile. Nice plow
  7. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

exmark, I bought the plow from 4qte.com they were about $300 cheaper then I could find around here plus they are out of state so I didn't have to pay sales tax and shipping was only $140. So I was really pleased with the price I got it for. Where did you buy yours?
  8. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Nice plow! Your sticker will come off the first storm you plow, just so you know. I think that's dumb...
  9. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Brant, I wondered about that it doesn't seem to be stuck on there that great now. Is there anyway to get it so it will stay on?
  10. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

Go to your local auto parts place and pick up a rattle can of clear coat. Spray a couple of coats of clear over it and it should stay on for quite a few years......
  11. ForestEdgeSnow

ForestEdgeSnow Senior Member

4qte.com is where I have bought all my new plows. I have the same plow on a 99 psd f-350. You will love the new set-up

12. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I hate looking at pictures of your truck because it makes me want to drive straight to a Ford dealer and trade mine in. Beautiful setup man!
  13. exmark

exmark Senior Member

I bought mine from truck equipment here in des moines. I ended up having them install it because I have got no clue on installing a snow plow. How hard was it to install?
  14. alwayz-plowin

alwayz-plowin Senior Member

I wish someone video taped themselves doing the whole install! that would probably encourage me to do it myself instead i pay an extra 400 for weingartz to install it.

15. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice plow and truck. What does the Cabela's Edition include for extras?
  16. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I would spray some clear coat over it just like the guy a few posts above said. When I got my plow installed, it was done in a hurry because it was snowing that night. I didn't get a chance to look it over. My workers drive the truck it was on, and by the time they were done plowing with it (probably about 8-10hrs) the sticker was completely gone. I haven't ordered a new one yet. But if I do, I will definitely spray a few clear coats over it. It's kinda funny though, because I have a Western V from the early 2000's, and the sticker is just starting to come off.

I just wanted to give you a heads up so you could prevent that from happening if you want to. Not worth spending another $20 or so for the sticker after you just bought the plow. :waving:
  17. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Thanks for the compliments, its my first Ford and so far I love it. I would have liked to have gotten a 2011 but the rebates on the 2010 were well worth it.

Brant, thanks for the heads up I think I will spray it with clear.

Mercer, the Cabelas package includes two-tone seats with Cabelas logo embroiderd in them, two gun cases, one under the rear seat for a shot gun, and one in the center console for a pistol. A couple stickers and a badge on the tailgate, and FX4.

Exmark, I have bought a couple plows from Truck Equipment, they are good people. The install was pretty straight forward. The instructions are written really well, I prolly read through the book three times during the install.
  18. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Did you consider getting a wideout?
  19. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I didn't want a wideout because I live in the country and we get some pretty large drifts and the V works great busting through them.