1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally Plow set up and truck Complete

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by AC2717, Aug 23, 2009.

1. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

Just finalized the truck!
    Everything works
    thank you to BigDave and a man called Mike for the the mounts and another guy named Josh on Criagslist for the plow
    Check it out!!
    Look at my avatar, also can any tell me how to put them in the thread?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  2. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Here is a bigger pic:jester:
    no pic.jpg
    Nice Truck! :drinkup:

no pic.jpg

3. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Go to the Paperclip with the arrow down. A window pops up. Browse you computer. Upload. Click on the paperclip again and You should be able to attach file.:salute:

4. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

Here we go

P8230670.jpg

P8230671.jpg

P8230670.jpg

P8230671.jpg

5. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

Thank you

Just really dirty though, I have not had a chance to wash it, and I could not wait to take pictures, usually the tires are all done up and the white lettering nice and bright and if she was clean there would have probably been glare on the photos

Come on Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bluebounc:drinkup:

6. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

The plow looks bent ......

7. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

yeah

It has a dent in the top of it, I am going to heat it up and bang it back into place, the trip edge, and frame, and blade itself are straight, had it looked at before purchase
    The previous owner, whether it is true or not, I dunno, said he was lowering it and there was one of those concrete poles in front of him that stuck out at an angle and he hit the top of it, I can kinda believe it because only place there is a dent and it is electric hydraulic and as you knwo you lower it and it drops the whole way no matter if you just touch the lever

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Sweet. Looks good.

9. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

thanx Banksy

10. stillen

stillen Senior Member

loks real nice, is that a 1500? beef that front end up a tad and u r goood to go. Also your top plate, isn't going down all the way, u need to adjust it so it points down when blade is on ground...

11. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

Yup

It is a 1500
    Have not supported the front end up yet,
    yeah I have to adjust that spring cable so it pulls it back down
    If not how would I get it to point down shorten the chain? but I want to make sure I have enough chain for going over crests of driveways, live in a hilly area

12. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

You shoulda really painted that blade before you posted the pics man.:D
    Good lookin' set up though.:drinkup:

13. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Just hold down the float button and see if the spring pulls it all the way down. It looks good though.

14. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

BigDave

Quick question for you
    on the joystick it sayd float under where you push the joystick to drop the plow to the ground. so shoudl I just hold it there to let it pull it down?
    I have to adjust the spring cable, I looked at it yesterday there is far too much slack

by the way I just said underwear:eek:

15. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

That plow is not that heavy to put a dent like that in it ...Plus gage of steel should not bend that easy just from a concrete pole ........I don't know if he is telling every thing ????

16. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

Is or not

If it is the truth or not,
    that is only damage done, no bends in the frame or anywhere else and everything mechanically works great and I have had it checked out by a plow installer

works fine non the less

17. BigDave12768

Mole Board damage is far less annoying then trip edge damage. As long as the trip edge is straight and not tweaked you should be fine. But yeah someone hit a pole with that. And trip went back and Mole board took the hit. So with a staight edge you wont have any cutting issues or blowing out bolts. I wouldnt worry about damage at top. It looks just to be cosmetic

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  18. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Wtf is a "Moe Board"? :dizzy:

19. BigDave12768

Its part of the plow you got the ennie meenie and Moe board on a plow

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009