1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally, plow installed pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bowtie_guy, Nov 20, 2006.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Finally, got it installed last Friday.

Been researching about if I can install the lower valance without cutting but have heard mixed opinions.

All the chevs around here have cut the tow hook holes to tow hook holes.

2. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Id remove that tonneau cover or whatever that decoration is over your radiator grill if I was you.

It might look neat but your truck will overheat.
  3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I think that's a winter front for diesels. I can see the Duramax badge on the door. It probably let's some air in, but maybe not. It's not for looks. I want one for my truck.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2006
  4. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

That is the winter cover. It's not supposed to look pretty, it's designed so the heat the motor throws off is contained and the motor is able to heat up in the cold weather.

Truck looks great. I love the Boss plow.
  5. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Thanks for the complements. Yes the front cover is 1/2 the factory winter front. I just installed the plow for the pic, I was out of town all weekend and it wasn't on. The cover keeps the engine/trans warm when traveling on the highway.

Can't wait for some snow now to try it out. The smart hitch 2 is real sweet compared to my old plow, RT2