1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

finally pics with the plow on...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PTSolutions, Jan 14, 2009.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

2. PTSolutions

3. PTSolutions

4. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

looks good
    enjoy

5. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

how's it hold with the plow up and some ballast? looks like that thing has your ass in the air and it's still on the ground!

6. PTSolutions

thats b/c the truck has a rake to begin with. I have roughly 6-700lbs of ballast in the back and it dropped the back end MAYBE an inch if that. The truck handles the plow just fine, but i am getting a leveling kit installed along with the 7K F450 front springs.

7. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Looks good, now the Plow Site question do you do driveways:D Real question what light bar is that?

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

A great piece of snow relocation equipment !wesport

9. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

looks sharp. put some running boards or chrome step bars and call it good!

10. PTSolutions

actually i mostly do driveways, we have about 130 residential driveways and a few commercial lots. but we are looking to add more lots for the coming season. Its one of those cheapie voltex lightbars from ebay, 218 shipped and works great! after buying the truck and plow i was looking to save a bit of money and didnt want to spend about 800 on an led lightbar.

this thing can push some serious pile with very little throttle compared to our other two gasser trucks, love the torque! wesport

i dont like the look of running bars b/c they make the truck look lower. i am looking into the AMP power running boards that drop down when you open the door. My mom hates getting into the truck and i have to lift my gf in when shes wearing heels! shes 4' 11"!

11. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

looks good, i know i would be nervous doing driveways in that long of a truck..good luck!

12. Grass Master

Grass Master Banned

Sharp set up, now for the real question which do you like best the Boss, the Meyer, or the Blizzard.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  13. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

Real nice truck but i agree with the trouble of doing driveways with that long of a truck. Pain in the butt!

14. PTSolutions

i used to do driveways with our c3500 8' dump and L boxes, so im used to a long rig, and the visibility out of this truck is much much better, and the backup camera/rear assist is great as well!

heres my take on the plows after using each:

Meyer: have used these plows for a long time! them and western were the most prominent brands in our area for a long time, now you see more boss plows. They are good light duty plow, very cheap compared to others in $$$. we have had to replace motors on the units a few times. the plows like to rust very easily. pain in the arse to hook up!!!

Blizzard: This thing can move a massive amount of snow!! it is a very heavy plow, it scrapes the best out of the three plows we have even backdragging. I only wish the quality of it was better. they use outdated sealed beam headlights and a very unattractive light tower. a more efficient lift system should be implemented. i think the easiest to hook up out of the three plows.

Boss: expensive, yet very high quality, responsive hydraulics and looks good! easy to hookup. new style lights are absolutely amazing. for a fleet id run these plows on all the trucks and use blizzards on the med duty trucks for the lots to clear the mass amount of snow.

15. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Looks great, Yeah I did want running boards for my truck, but I thought they make it look lower also. Probably worse looking on a 1500 than an f350 though

16. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet truck, way to nice for plowing.
    What part of Cleveland are you from?

17. redstroker_2002

redstroker_2002 Member

That is a sweet setup

18. PTSolutions

we live in seven hills, right in between independence and parma.

thanks for all the complements guys!!

19. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

i love that boss vee

20. beaver2

beaver2 Member

Looks like you are a University of Akron student just like me.