1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally! My First Plow!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by M & MD Lawn, Aug 5, 2011.

1. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

Here she is boys:bluebounc, Boss 7'6 V 2006, smart hitch, smart hitch 2 controller. Picked it up today from being installed. hydros are faster than Imagined. Brand new mount for the truck also. Truck does have a good little drop so I am considering a leveling kit truck side and the plow only thing it doesn't have is smartlocks, it had been upgraded to the new style cutting edge so I am considering getting a set of smartlocks for it. Played with it a little today, I want snow! lol ahah. Thanks for all the help so far guys, really appreciate it. Let me know what you guys think!

Plow 2.jpg

Plow 3.jpg

Plow V.jpg

Plow V 2.jpg

2. gagesllc

gagesllc Junior Member

neighbors must think your crazy with the plow hooked up in august:laughing:

3. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Looks great! Through probably 500-800lbs in the bed behind the rear axle. 1. for traction, and 2. helps even out the weight, i.e bringing the front end up

4. M & MD Lawn

yea as I was driving home heads were a turning lol

yea I know, I plan on the salt being ballast amybe some tractor weights too if I can find some.

5. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice, I have a 7.6 and its a great plow, sharp looking truck.

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice plow and truck. I love them OBS GMs with the newer style wheels. Good luck with it this Winter.

7. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Turn up the t-bars a bit and get some ballast and you will be fine. Really nice plow and truck.

8. M & MD Lawn

thanks, My truck is my pride and joy, got a few dings but runs like a champ!

Thanks, Im hoping my luck is great too!

Thanks man, thats a nice truck you have there yourself! They were supposedly suppose to adjust them when they put the plow on, but I am going to double check prob tomorrow.. and ballast i meant to ask at the dealer, but how do you come up with how much ballast to use?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  9. mossman381

Thanks, my truck is for sale if you are looking to buy :nod:

Like GMCHD said you want like 700lbs behind the rear axle. I put 300lbs in tractor weights in my bed. I would try ballast before you mess with the t-bars. It doesn't look like your front end drops that much in the pics.

10. M & MD Lawn

upgrading the truck??? and I will do that, I will probably run this winter and see how the ballast works in leveling, that will determine if I add the leveling kit... I just can't stand squating for some reason!

11. mossman381

I want a duramax dually. :D

You will be suprised how well ballast works. Make sure the weight is behind the rear axle.

12. M & MD Lawn

I want a duramax next also, not a dually tho, 3/4, crew cab, short bed most likely, would love a 1 ton srw but will def be easier to find the 3/4 lol

13. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking set up

14. M & MD Lawn

thanks man and thanks for all the help in the other post also!

15. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping Senior Member

Nice plow! That is one h*ll of a long truck to plow with! I had a 2500 ram with ext cab long bed and it was a beast but huge! Good luck with your season!!

16. M & MD Lawn

This is the only truck i have ever drove, I figure I will realize the size when i have to do a few tight drives lol

17. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping Senior Member

Yeah you will realize but I am sure you can overcome the squeeze. Also when you go to get another truck in the future it will seem minitiature and be super easy to drive and get it into places because you were used to driving a larger truck! Looing good though! I like your graphics you had done recently btw. (I saw them on lawnsite)

18. M & MD Lawn

LOL the next truck as planned is a crew cab short bed lol and thanks man, graphics have already gotten us a new client and potential snow client after I bid.