Snow Plowing Forum banner

Finally Indiana Snow Storm!!!!!!!!!

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Livingreen 
#1 ·
Well us Indiana boys finally get to take some of the pie. We finally got about a foot of snow here in Indy. We seemed to have done pretty well even though I thought there was no end and one, no two, no three mailboxes taken out and one truck accident, small one but still damged..How did the rest of you Indy guys turn out?

#2 ·
snow falling at over an inch an hour most of the early morning hours....made for a long night. our plow guy left at 5 pm the day the snow started - i don't even remember the day now! - home at 3 pm following day 5 hrs sleep and out again at midnite until about 8 this am. this is our first year to plow for our own company and must admit he had a pretty good time getting out and plowing. don't think the sidewalk guys had quite so much fun - :dizzy:. logged alot of miles with no incidents, good job guys! the roads were terrible.

#3 ·
Livingreen;735901 said:
Well us Indiana boys finally get to take some of the pie. We finally got about a foot of snow here in Indy. We seemed to have done pretty well even though I thought there was no end and one, no two, no three mailboxes taken out and one truck accident, small one but still damged..How did the rest of you Indy guys turn out?
Can you really even count on snow in your areas for income? Even here in Rochester, MN I consider snow a bonus as its not every year we have a good year.

#5 ·
Well I'll let you know how it went on Saturday. I left the house Monday 26 at 3 am with sleet. Mid morn on Mon. turned to freezing rain until it switched over to snow at 3:20 am Wed. morn. Got 6" on the ground in 3 1/2 hrs. Took my first nap Wed night from 8-12 pm and went back at it. Tonight I'm going to get about 5 hrs sleep in before our next snow .:dizzy:which is expected to be a dusting to an inch. Gotta love those zero tolerance accounts.
Can't wait to see the total invoiced out for this event.payuppayup

James

#6 ·
oh i think we were busy enough there for a few days!! we have a 2 year maintenance agreement for landscape and snow with a 10 site daycare group so we do get monthly income year round but i think i would be hardpressed to count on snow only income. we are really pushing our commercial accounts to go on a 10 or 12 month plan - it helps even out their costs, is easier for budgeting and gives us year round income.

#8 ·
MIwinter;736160 said:
guys must not be too busy if you have time to post?
Ditto.......We just finished this afternoon <<< Started Tues 1/27 ::: cleared well over a Million cubic feet of snow from this storm. :dizzy:

Thats why we are "numero uno" Q ;;;;; Mc D's ...Im lovin it !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.