1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally I got pictures of my Virgin Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by JustUsDe, Aug 18, 2003.

1. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

Yesturday was a nice day around here so I took the family to a local river and enjoyed the day in the sun and dinner on the water. I got a chance to take a few pics of the truck. Still havent got the plow yet it looks like i'n leaning towards the Western proplow 8.0 with an utra mount.

pic57.jpg

2. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

Here's another

pic58.jpg

3. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

one more

pic59.jpg

4. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

Just had to add this too

Since I showed off my New truck here is a pic of my first son born May 22 He is his mother and I's pride and joy. His mother and I are still trying to come up with a business name for our company and are thinking of incorating his initials into the name.

pic49.jpg

5. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

Me and my Son

Michael Ray and his daddy

pic51.jpg

6. Choppergoddess02

Choppergoddess02 Junior Member
    from Alaska

Michael Ray Is a handsome little man! You have a very lovely looking family!.....

The truck looks nice!!! When did you get it?

7. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

Thank you

Thank you for the compliment. I got the truck July 29th. End of the month easier to work with the dealers they like to make their quotas.

Ray

Last edited: Aug 18, 2003
  8. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Nice shots of the family and your truck. Congrats on your son. Noticed your shirt, are you a Firefighter?? I'm on a Dept. in Mass.

9. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Trucks and Family. What a great combination. Take good care of all of 'em. Specially the little dude. They grow fast. My youngest is almost 14. I remember....
    :D

10. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Great lookin truck buddy! Congrats on your new son! Good luck with the Western pro plow if you get it, And best of luck with your new truck. :nod:

11. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

Just think there is your 2nd generation snowplower:D Hope everything goes well with the family and the plow/truck:waving:

12. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

Long story short Gordyo

Gordyo,
    Thanks for the compliments. I ussually don't talk much about it. But for some reason I feel like sharing. I am and have been a volunteer firemen for 16 years. I have two sisters and no brothers. I grew up with a friend and we were just like brothers we were hardly ever apart. We were firefighters together, we raced cars, we did everything together. We always dreamed of being NYC firefighters. Our paths in life kept us here in Delaware. We both married, He had a little girl and our dream was just that a dream. About 4 years ago he lost his wife and daughter in an auto accident. Needless to say his spirit was crushed and his world as he knew it changed. He started talking about starting over and following his dream of being a NYC firefighter. I encourged him to go for it. He applied and was hired. One month before 911 he lost his rookie status and was stationed at engine company 2. I was so proud of him. It looked like his life was starting to look up. I went up several times to visit him. I even was allowed to ride a few runs while I was up there. I started to see a smile on my friend's face. I am sorry to say I lost my friend on 911 his entire engine company was killed in tower 1. His body has never been recovered. I made several trips up there to try and find him but he is one of many that probly will not be found. I took several hundred pictures while I was up there. Attached is the engine he rode to his death. The only joy I have is that he followed his dream and died doing what he loved. I will never FORGET!!!

8x655.jpg

Last edited: Aug 19, 2003
  13. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

Thanks

Thanks snowjoker, meyer22288, szorno,

I charish every moment with him. I plan on doing plenty of things with the family. We have plenty of room in the truck and it should be able to take us any place we want to go.

14. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Justusde,

Thanks for sharing that story. It brought tears to my eyes and brought back memories of a good friend and a similar story.
    I had a very close friend who graduated from trade school as a diesel mechanic and purchased a 10 wheeler to start his own business. It was his dream to own a few trucks and we had even talked about working together at one point. I never bit but he went after his dream. Everything was going great for him. Plenty of work for his truck, ready to add a second truck and driver. He was killed by the truck a few months later when he had it parked on a hill and he started it up one morning and ran back to his car which was parked behind the truck about 50 ', and reached onto his dash to get some cold medicine. It was determined that the parking brake valve on the truck malfunctioned and as soon as the air built up it released the brakes and the truck rolled down the hill and crushed him against the car. It was a bit easier to deal with knowing that he was doing what he loved to do. I was able to ride along with him just a few days before this happened. We had met up at the same rotary one day (I was driving a tractor trailer back then) and I was done with my day early so I hopped in and took a ride with him. We had a great time. He even let me drive the truck which was an Autocar with two sticks, the main trans and aux. transmission. He taught me how to shift this beast and what a chore!!

15. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

Some more pics

I got my hard tonneau cover put on yesturday with a bed liner. here are some pics.

pic1.jpg

16. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

Another one

pic3.jpg

17. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Lookin good ,its gonna be to nice to plow with :D

18. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

It looks good the only thing is that you will be having to brush off all the snow on top.:D

19. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

2 DAYS FROM GETTING PLOW INSTALLED!!

Monday morning gotta get up early and head to Annapolis to have plow installed. I am getting the 7.5 Western ProPlow. They are out of the 8.0 ProPlows and they gave me even a better price than before to get the 7.5. So I am getting it Monday. I am taking camera with me so I can take picks of the install. I will post them as soon as I can. Oh, Yea I put the Timbrens on last weekend.

Ray

20. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

I have a 7.5 Western on one of my trucks. It has been a reliable plow. Make sure you get an emergency repair kit when you get it. It is nice to have extra hose, pins, and trip spring with you. Its rough to fix a plow during a snow storm, but it is better than losing all of your accounts. Remember...even a brand new plow can have a pin break or a hose leak or something. The Kit isn't very expensive and it's nice to have under the seat. I like your truck. Chevy is a very sound investment. They come with some nice options as well. I drive Ford and Dodge but I will get a Chevy someday. I have Ford because of employee plan pricing, and I have Dodge because think Cummins makes the best consumer truck diesel.(Cat and Detroit Diesel are awesome, but you can't fit most of them in a pickup) But I think Chevy may be the best all around pickup truck.