1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally herculiner'ing my rockers

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by THEGOLDPRO, Mar 10, 2013.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Started doing all the prep work today, gonna get it all sanded and taped and ready to go, then tomorrow were going to roll the liner on it, Ill keep the pics coming, with as much detail as i can.
  2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Jeez, the "rockers" are big on those dogdes.....lol.
  3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

If it was getting rusty expect it to rust about 30x quicker now. I made the mistake of bedlining the rockers on my old truck and another friend did it to his ford before we knew better. They both went from kinda rusting to really rusting out fast in a hurry since it trapped everything behind them and there was no way to slow down the rust anymore.

There were only a few very small rust bubbles, and we sanded them all down to bare metal and sprayed a rust preventor on them.
  5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I'm going to need to do this on my 09 daily driver very soon :cry: I'm interested to see how your job turns out.
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That'll look good. I used Duplicolor bedliner in the spray can to do the passenger rocker (so far) on my Chevy. Needs two or three coats with the spray stuff, but it looks good.

Yea we are going above and beyond what the instructions say as far as prep work goes, So it should turn out good.
  9. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

You need to read more of my posts about dogdes....you're the first to notice.:laughing:
    Nice catchThumbs Up
    Frod man.
  10. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

11. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

Looks good
  12. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

All this hype and no finished pictures
  13. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

Its absolutely necessary to do more prep then the instructions say... if you do excellent prep you may have decent results, I used it on my 96's bed about 5 years ago, I was less then thrilled with the outcome, looked good at first, but any use and it was garbage, rockers perhaps are a less stressful environment then in the bed with things sliding in and out.

oh and GV and GP, you guys crack me up every time... lol

Were gonna finish it up tomorrow, We spent all today prepping it and making sure everything was perfect before we started rolling it on.
  15. mikeplowman

mikeplowman Senior Member

First coat.
  17. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

18. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

When I'm that bored, I just watch TV.
  19. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

I'll be doing this with U-POL Raptor 2 stage bed liner, tinted graphite metallic. I'm spraying the cab floor, inside of the doors, and the bottom of the cab two after all rust gets treated and parkerized.
  20. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

Better then GM, not as good as a Ford. :mechanic: