1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally had the trucks together (mostly).

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by LwnmwrMan22, Sep 18, 2013.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

The one straight at the camera, a 2013 Dodge 2500 with Hemi.

The one with the emergency light, a 2011 Dodge 2500 with CTD.

The one on the right, a 2012 Dodge 2500 with Hemi.

The one not pictured, a 2006 Dodge 2500 with the CTD.

All run Boss 8.2 V's.

I've started to switch back to Hemi's. Yes, the mileage isn't as good, but here gas is .40 / gallon cheaper than diesel, you have to pay $6-7,000 for the engine and on the Hemi's, you can put a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty (covering plowing) on the truck.

At the above stats, I can run about 100-125,000 miles before I make up the cost of the diesel engine, let alone the extra costs associated with oil changes and such. The new diesel's are more yet with the cost of the DEF.

I do miss my CTD though, although the new 2013 has heated seats and heated steering wheel for plowing this winter.

trucks.jpg

2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

nice new fleet, I think its better to go with gasers as well. Unless you pulling big weight all the time, gas is the way to go.

3. LwnmwrMan22

We pull a 24' enclosed trailer for mowing, but it's an aluminum V-nose. That helps.

The Hemi's don't care for the dump trailer hauling rock, but I don't do a ton (no pun intended) mostly mulch and firewood.

I'm trying to decide if I need to pull the trigger on a new Stainless DXT for the '13.

I have a poly one for it now, but I'm also looking to add a couple more trucks this winter.

4. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Let's go with YES! That would look bada$$ with the silver paint.

I'm wondering why you don't run 9'2" plows? Drive Thru's?

5. LwnmwrMan22

Yes. Bank drive thru as and tight apartments.

I too think the silver would be nice on my new '13.

6. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

What kind of pricing you getting? 8'2" SSDXT is 5600.00 here (plow side)

7. LwnmwrMan22

Haven't checked yet.

Trying to add another truck or two this fall and depending on what I put on those.

Might wait a year and let all the DXT bugs get worked out.