1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FINALLY had a day of plow not fixing.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by birddseedd, Feb 25, 2012.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

made some just under 800 bucks :D:D:D:D

yesterday wasnt so good. so iv been up for some 32ish hours. but today was fun.

synapsis of yesterday, bad motor, bad pump (says shop anyway). 2 confused mechanics as to why new pump and motor dont work. different motor and im on the road. packing nut explodes.....

get it working, get work done. go to day job...... wife drives into a tree and puts a hole in the plow.....

but its all good. because today was great. now i need some more sleep

2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Sounds like you need a new plow.

3. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

ditto:nod:

4. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

drives into a tree and put a hole in the plow???

pictures needed

5. birddseedd

yes. very much so. this plow is earning the money to get the new one. tho. im also planning on a new pump housing and proper mount. iv already got a new pump and motor. might as well finish it out.

6. birddseedd

was at night. couldnt really get pics. but i can get pics of the repair if you want. nice bright and warm today.

7. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I say move south where it doesn't snow. Have you ever read any of his stories, if they are true he is the worst plow truck driver of all time let alone welder.

8. birddseedd

i have not posted much of anything at all in how i plow. only my equipment.

and the only weld iv had fail was one going at a steep incline which at the time i did not know how to weld tat way.

you seem to make alot of assumptions on someone you havae no information about.

9. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Dude, you have given more information about yourself and your plow than anybody on any forum could ever need to make an "assumption". In fact, you've share almost too much.

You seem like a good guy, but I really don't know why you bother posting so much. Most of your threads have been getting deleted lately because they are pointless and serve no purpose other than you wanting to hear (see) yourself talk. I expect that this one will get deleted too, because it serves no purpose to anybody seeking useful information on Western plows.

Honestly, I'm not trying to be ugly or anything, but geez....

10. birddseedd

i think that is what you are trying to do. either way

the reason i give information about my plow is because people have been helping me fix problems and get the plow in a working condition.

yes i have to filter through posts like you last one that have no purpose but to ridicule me for not affording 6 grand for a new plow. but through them i get lots of information and have gotten many things fixed on my plow.

with the money its making hopefully ill soon be able to buy one in much better condition.

11. birddseedd

wife's friend dropped her camera and destroyed the lens. doesn't surprise me. ill have to use my phone. ill go out in a little while and take a look.

tho i think im going to redo the brackets in a way that someone else on this site did something. having braces in between each rib that holds the weight on the rib, not the mold board.

12. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Who's ridiculing? I never said that you have to spend $6k on a plow.

I spent a little over $1k on mine when it was all said and done. It's been working great for years. Maybe it's because that it's the proper plow for the right truck with the correct parts to put it all together.

I'm glad to see you working and look forward to seeing your new(er) equipment next year.

13. birddseedd

when i bought it i knew i would have problems with it. but i could never have imagined what i actually bought. was a total rip off.

now that i know more. my next purchase will be much better.

14. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

As for putting bracing behind the moldboard, I wouldn't suggest it.

You want to plow to break first, not the truck. These plows are designed to do just that.

15. birddseedd

ill go take some pics, youll see what i mean

16. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

subscribing for pictures

17. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I know exactly what you mean.

Like I said, these plows are meant to break before the truck.

18. birddseedd

my truck did not brake. just the plow.

19. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

What he means is your truck will break instead of the plow.

20. birddseedd

ok. fill me in. how can plow extensions beak my truck?