1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally got to customize the skid steer...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I finally got around to doing some work on our skid steer. I removed all the metal brackets and panels I could (which was all but the shell), sanded down then re painted and wrapped in thicker trunk carpeting in hopes to eliminate some noise and sprucing it up a bit. The carpet went very quickly and looks great, as far as eliminating some noise....not so much but it feels cozier,lol. Installed a cb, installed my p.o.s. door and wiper assembly, installed a circulating/defrost fan. Just have to finish the carpet with arm pads on the sides, install a strobe light and a heater which I'm going to have a dealer do and all new lights and light housings (mine are getting bad with cracks) and I'm ready for winter!

2. snowtech

snowtech Member

sounds like a busy day, any pics?

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

It was! I wanted to go for a nice day ride with some friends on our bike but the Wife couldn't go so I thought I might as well get this stuff going,lol. I was going to post a few when its all done, probably finish it up Monday when I can get more carpet.

4. snowtech

snowtech Member

i will look for them. good luck monday