1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally got the new truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RonWin, Feb 17, 2014.

1. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

2013 diesel f350 /w reading landscape body. fisher 8.6 xv2

will have it lettered by the end of next week. I guess im gonna need some DOT #'s? From Albany ny, anyone have an idea of cost? Is it also annual? I'm guessing it is but I haven't had to deal with any of this before.

my truck.jpg

my truck.jpg
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

3. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

Just head to DMV tomorrow and I can get it all taken care of there in a day? Or do I have to wait on stickers and such?
  4. grandview

DMV don't do DOT numbers. Need to register online and a number will be givin to you. Then that number is good for all trucks.
  5. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

nice setup, the XV2 is a beast
  6. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

What grandview said. Just go to that link and fill out the information they want. Once your done they will give you a number which is for the business, not per truck. You put the same number on every truck that requires it.

Have a local shop do it or go online and have them printed. 2" minimum height i think.
  7. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

Grandview gave you the correct info. Once registered online you simply have to file a renewal/update every 2 years. The technical size of the numbers is something like "clearly visible from 50 ft." 2-3" is usually good. If you operate only in NY State you can get intrastate numbers that will have the letters NY in the number, if you operate in other states also (Interstate) you will need the full federal number. The website will guide you through the whole thing though.

P.S. Nice Truck!!
  8. UltraLwn&Lndscp

UltraLwn&Lndscp Senior Member

Nice clean rig!
  9. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Beast of a rig!
  10. NThill93

NThill93 Member

nice truck. DOT # process isn't too bad, I just used mailbox numbers but a nice new truck like that I would get them cut from vinyl
  11. grandview

Lowball snowplowing inc.

Nice gold color lettering!

Thumbs Up
  12. NThill93

NThill93 Member

nope used the white ones with black background:D
  13. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping Senior Member

love DOT! had to do a new entrant inspection because i haul between NY and VT and i have mowers with gas and a 5gallon gas can on my mowing trailer. What a joke… so many people run around here without DOT numbers!

btw good looking truck
  14. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Nice truck! Any reason you didn't go with a 9'6?
  15. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

Any reason you didnt go with a F550??? You lean real quick how much you cant haul with a 1 ton real quick. Just asking.
  16. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Is it 4x4?
  17. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Working in a sign shop as my "regular" job has allowed me all the free lettering I want!
  18. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

You have a vbox in that truck?
  19. milkie62

milkie62 Senior Member
    from Troy,NY

Best advice I can give is what you spent on that truck is to get the monthly $29.95 as many as you want car washes from Hoffman's pronto.....You know the upstate salt issue...LOL
  20. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Don't forget your dot medical card for anyone driving truck. Nice rig(for a ford)