1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

finally got my wide out on 2011 f350 6.7

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by fatheadon1, Jan 1, 2011.

1. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

well after calling every dealer around i ended up getting refered to http://perkiomenperformance.com big thanks to Joe from J&R Landscaping 4 that. anyways after weeks of waiting for western to ship them and pushing 30 inchs with a loaner 8' pro plow i got my wide out put it on and now all i need is snow.
    and hers a walk around [​IMG] if ya guys want more pics or any questions just ask away
  2. advl66

advl66 Senior Member

looks great! damn the beast drops hard
  3. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Very Nice !!

Wide Out pretty cool too !
  4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Wow that thing drops like a guillotine :dizzy:

There's an adjustment for that. Check your owners manual and it'll explain how to adjust your drop speed. It's very simple. Thumbs Up
  5. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

on the left side of the cover there is a flat head screw just pop off the cover and turn it in a half turn that will slow it down if its still to fast turn it in a little more

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

looks nice...goodluck with it
  7. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

The truck and plow are sick! Might need to adjust that drop speed though.

Very jealous of that setup, best of luck with it!
  8. pitrack

pitrack Senior Member

Looks sweet, I like those plows. And truck!
  9. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

Thanks 4 the complements guys. I plan 2 tweak the drop speed , I took the pics after install and was just trying 2 get the air bled out and then I'm gonna give everything a good once over.
  10. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Great looking setup, good luck this winter.
  11. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

nice looking truck
  12. Looks great all around, my dream truck/plow setup.
    Did you install the plow yourself? I've seen some new ones for sale online and they can ship direct to you but obviously you gotta set it up. Was the install hard at all or any real problems when installing it?
    Just a few questions I guess if that is what you did.
    Love the LED's on the truck as well.
  13. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Really nice truck and plow! Almost too nice to plow with...

What lights are those on your rear end? They put out very nicely.
  14. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Looking good!!!
  15. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

nice set-up...but that does drop to fast...where u at of? Im from edison...
  16. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I really like your strobes. Who makes the one in your third brake light and how is it switched? I would love to get that setup for mine.
  17. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

did the install of everything myself with the help of some buddys did the ultra mount set up with straight blade wireing a few weeks ago just incase we got snow and we did so i ran a buddys 8' pro for the storm. the truck side took 4 hr to install, on the 05 and newer truck you dont have to do any drilling. after the 25'' storm my wide out came in and i put the plow together and swaped to the wide out harnessthis took about 4 hrs. all this was taking my sweet a$$ time so i kno its right and i kno where everything is in the event of a problem i even went as far as putting all the plow wires in blue wire loom incase my dad has the truck and has a problem all i gotta say it follow the blue wires. the only hard part 4 me was just getting all the hoses and fitting in the right place it was pretty straight foward.
  18. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

reverce lights are SoundOff 1400 Lumen 5 Inch LED Work Light the are pricey but i feel its better to be able to see then replace back bumpers.
  19. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

im out of oldbridge iv seen you truck at Giuseppe's in hazlet in the summer time
  20. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

3rd brake light strobes are Whelen Vertex Super-LED Hide-A-Way i took the bed lights out and put the stroes in. i plan to insatll http://vehiclelight.com/2545500.html in my bed for light as soon as i get some extra $$$. i also have 2 more Whelen Vertex Super-LED Hide-A-Ways comming for my reverse lights on the truck the running board light are Whelen LINZ6 Super-LED Lighthead. all the lights are wired to my factory upfitter switches