1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally got my LED's all wired up! Video!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rb8484, Nov 7, 2010.

1. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Well, I had some extra amber colored LED's oval tail lights that I though I would try in the grill. Worked out really well. Then my 3rd brake light was bad, so I got a new LED one and hooked that up to a flasher. Then I saw how grec-o-face did his and his mirrors and thought that was a pretty cool set up, so I hooked all those into my flasher as well. Thanks grec-o-face!
    Here is the end result!
    I also have 90 watt hide a way strobe tubes in the headlights and the tail lights. They are not on in the video.

First time posting a video, hope this works!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11byDZiHl6Y

2. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

How do you post the video right to the post??

I will go out and take another video here shortly when it gets a little darker, so check back!

3. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

4. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

5. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

now do the mirror ones still function as running lights and blinkers? also Im assuming you use some type of control box to flash them with the strobe effect, do you have all of the lights hooked up to the same box? Looks really good and I like the idea of using the oval ones behind the grille.

6. habart30

habart30 Member

I'll have to look for your truck this year. I'm in Kalamazoo. Noticed your Schoolcraft MI decal! Nice lights

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That looks realy good in the dark. Very brite.

8. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

The 3rd brake light and the marker lights and turn signals work as normal. Wired in relays to everything works as it should until I turn on my led flasher. It is all controlled by an led flasher and a switch. Im happy with the outcome!

9. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

thats cool, looks great. Im gonna do the mirror and ones behind the grille.

10. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

The ones in the grill are just oval tail lights. Think I was getting them for $40 pair if I recall.

11. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

are they just LED tails or are they the strobe ones? I have strobe ones on my trailer but they run without a box like self contained. They run about 80 a pair.

12. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

They are just led tails. I wired them into my led flasher.

13. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Pretty slick.

To post a vid within the thread use YouTubes "embed" link and copy/paste that here. (I think)

14. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Thanks.
    I tried copy and pasting the embeded link and it showed a bunch of mombo jumbo after I posted the post.

15. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

looks dope, got a link to thr led flasher you used?

16. international73

international73 Junior Member

are the ebay led flashers and lights any good?

17. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

That's a slick setup. it's incognito yet VERY noticable in the dark. -maybe the dummies will stay clear while you are working??

I'm working on a similar setup (not so fancy) was think about HID's in the front and rear (off the headache rack)? Anybody ever try that?

18. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

nice set up i relly like the led strob on the miror and on tail light

but one thing is it legal to have red flaching strob on a plow truck in your state ?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  19. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

20. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Im not 100% sure, I was told by a local firefighter that flashing red on the rear was ok, just not on the front. Never took the time to actually look up the law, but I have had flashing red on the rear for years without a problem. I dont ever drive down the road with them on.