1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally got it together and probably won't use it!

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by g.moore, Oct 21, 2008.

1. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

Finally got everything 100% and it's looking like we will be moving to Odessa, TX. Go figure. This would have been the first winter I actually had everything ready before the first major snow and now I probably won't even get to pin the plow on. But on the bright side all the clowns who call me at 4AM crying because they can't get their Subaru out of the driveway are going to get the "We're sorry but this number has been disconnected" message and I'll be laughing by butt off (I don't plow commercially and don't get paid, just taken advantage of so I don't feel bad). Hope they have a good snow shovel:p

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Hope you enjoy the warmer climates. I am sure you won't miss the wake up calls either.

3. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

guess you wont be on ps much anymore.
    well thanks for contributing i know i liked reading your posts.
    take care bud, stop in once in a while.

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Are you selling your place in Co?
    If so does it come with a plow?

5. hydro_37

from iowa

I see snofarmer liked PJ's remark he put it on his sig.....lol
    so true.....so true tho JMO

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Stop back and say hi.

7. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

We're keeping the house up here, all 3 blades are going into the basement. I'll still be around, probably checking out the storm pics mostly. The last week Elk hunting has really hit home and solidified my decision that we are not selling. I'll ad some pics of Sunday at 10,700'.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mud lakes 08 004.jpg

mud lakes 08 015.jpg

mud lakes 08 018.jpg

8. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

WOW....you must have something really good lined up to be moving away from this beauty. Thanks for the pix, it made my day. Good luck to you.

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Wow you live in heaven!:salute:

10. hydro_37

from iowa

Damn.....can I rent your house? Those pictures are amazing.

11. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

Trust me, you wouldn't want to Hydro. 9 months of the year require chains in and out even after it's plowed, the hill is pure hell when it's icy and snowpacked. Those pics were taken about 3 miles from me, overall a 2.5 hr hike and the last 1/4 mile you gain 700' in elevation. If you have Google Earth the Lat/Long are:
    39 33.10N
    105 29.40W

If you move down and left (SW) you will see Harris Park, I'm in the far NW corner. Last house on south side of the street. We really don't want to go but my wife got laid off in Sept and there's no jobs for her here so we don't have much of a choice, I can do just about anything from mechanics to machining and welding but as a Civil Engineer she's gotta go where they're building. We actually looked really hard in MN and WI but nothing's going on up there either.

12. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

Finger's weren't working I'm in the NE corner not NW. Damn keys are so close together.

13. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

found harris park but didnt find your house.

you sure them are streets? they look like dir trails! :jester:

14. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

Yes, they are streets but they're only 10' from ditch to ditch. Try meeting another full size truck both with 8' blades. Gets interesting.