1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally Got a Snow Blower For My Skid Loader

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mike S, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

After two years of talking about it............. I got one!!! Its a New Holland 78 inch and was a good deal. It has an electric motor on the chute and doesn't look to bad. :drinkup::drinkup:
    :mechanic:

skidblower1.jpg

blower2.jpg

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Cool Mike, hope it kicks a$$!

3. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

awesome. does your skid have a door? lets hope this winter is like lasts

4. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Looks good! Im sure you have checked already but make sure the blower is for similar hydraulics as your machine A guy I know buought a blower and it ran fine when testing then the first snowfall he took it out and found out the blower was designed for HI flow skid and he had a standard flow skid and he was angry! at 2am. Any way it looks good.

www.procutfirewood.com

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That looks awsome. I would love to have a skid steer with a blower.

6. Mike S

Thanks for the comments! Well I have a door so I should be good on that note, and as far as having the right machine my machine is high flow but the the blower is standard flow. Im pretty fired up about it and cant wait to use it, nothing laying around the shop to throw through the blower! LOL!!!!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  7. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Do you get around ok in the snow with the track loaders? Are you using a tracks with a snow pattern or just the regular bobcat tracks?

8. Mike S

I get around ok........ I dont have the C track on it so its not to bad. I use my machine in the dump sites which is in the grass so they work really good for that. In the parking lots its not the best but I found that my CTL does not work good with a pusher at all but it does pretty decent with the 100 inch snow bucket, blizzard 8611, or any blade. I like the CTL because I can take it over the curb and in the grass and push piles back where the rubber tire machine will truff the grass or will get stuck. Its more of a tool that I have to fill in some of the gaps for the work that I do in the snow season. I am going to try to get a set of polar tread this year if I can get 18 inch for my machine. Thier web site says I have to put on a 12 and im not sure I want to do that. I used to have a machine with 12 inch tracks and I dont want to go back.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  9. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Looks good Mike, How are the contracts shaping up this year?

10. Mike S

Hey Burk!!! Well playing the waiting game but sounds like it will be ok. Im not looking around this year for other stuff just going to work on growing where im at now and take the good with the bad. I bet you have been working on a boat load of stuff like always. Get any good contracts yet to brag about yet?

11. purpleranger519

from Kansas

Most guys that I have talked to with CTL's that use them for snow removal have said the same thing as far as not working well with a pusher, but doing ok with a blade. I bought a C185 this year and plan on buying a set of Polar Treads here next month for it and hoping It will hook up and get some traction that way. I'm going to try it with my Avalanche on it after I put the Polar Treads on. It may not work and I'm not really expecting it too, and if it doesn't I have a couple blades that would work with it and I'll just put the Avalanche back on the 435 or 75XT. I really like the blower set up you have and if we keep on having winters like the last 2 that we have had here I'll be looking into purchasing a blower in the near future.
    Thanks for the input Mike

12. Mike S

No problem. Lets keep in touch about the polar tread. Im going tomorrow to get with my dealer and have them look into the 18 inch. Cant wait to see how they work!!!

13. purpleranger519

from Kansas

Yeah, lets do. Are you looking at getting them through Mid-West Equipment there?

14. Mike S

Oh ya!!!!! Call and ask for Bob "aka Uncle Bob" and tell him I told you to contact him and that might help.

15. Mike S

They have a pretty decent price for them.

16. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I am playing the waiting game with a few of my normal clients this year, but I sent out my renewal contracts early just so I can at least get everything set before I go on vacation. I have 2 properties that are 2.5 acres each about a mile from each other. They want seasonal full service contracts. She wanted the bids fast. So I headed out on weds. night and took a look. Emailed her the numbers that night. Talk to her yesterday and said she was sending them on to the final decision maker and I should know very soon. She was very happy because she wanted to get her yearly budget done and seems like the numbers were good since she sent them to the final stage. So other then that the same old same old. I am seling off the meyers and ordering a new xls and 8.5 ss extreme v from 4gte.com. They have the best prices, no tax and they are shipping them to cleveland for $150 combined which is perfect. The price they want around here was at least $700 more for each plow and then you had to add tax. after all said and done I am going to saving myself a nice chunk of payup by buying from them there. Well have a good weekend and I will talk to you soon.

17. Mike S

Hey blower guys what parts do you recomend putting on the shelf for the blower. a new drive chain is already on the way. What else?