1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally Got a picture of my Rig - Snowplow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Duncan IN, Dec 4, 2001.

1. Duncan IN

Duncan IN Member

Post a picture of your Truck and Snow Plow here!!!

Well I have been wanting to for the longest time and I finally found the time to get my picture posted on here. Let me know what you guys think. 2000 Dodge Ram Diesel 5 Speed. 2001 8'2" Boss V plow. I have the touch pad controls and not pictured, I ordered a Deflector

Last edited: Dec 4, 2001
  2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Nice setup. What is that truck in the background?
  3. Duncan IN

Duncan IN Member

Another Pic

Here is another Picture of My truck. The Dodge has the heavy duty springs with a one ton rear end. Not a dually though. I found this truck and just had to have it. It has been a reall blessing. Beats my 1970 C30 that got 7mpg and not alot of power. I am thinking about putting my Cell Phone number on the Front of the plow for advertisement. I also have an orange stobe light for when I am plowing.

If you have any pics of your snow plow please post them here, I love looking at all the rigs.

Thanks, Levi Duncan

4. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

fine lookin dodge

finally somebody adds a little class to the site:D first pic of a dodge i've seen on here. i also like to see what everybody is using. wish i had some pics of mine, maybe someday.

good post
    Mark K
  5. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Looks good, even though its a dodge. haa hee :)

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

I was going to put a pic of my Dodge up, but when I had it developed I couldn't see the truck behind my pile of trannys.

Tommorrow I'll stand on my pile of rear ends to see over the trannys.

:D :D
  7. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

8. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

Nice truck.

Why did you flip the plow lights right/left?

Why an 8.2' on that big of a truck?
    (Not because weight, 9.2' is only 50# more and your flap weighs that much)
  9. DaveO

DaveO PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Ma.

Nice looking truck, too bad it's the wrong color....LOL I have the same in black. "01 2500 xcab cummins,4x4, auto, short bed, loaded. Just finishing up installing an 8ft Fisher setup. Will try to get some pix.

10. Duncan IN

Duncan IN Member

Plow Lights?

Kents Lawn

What did you mean by- Why did you flip the plow lights right/left? The wiring harness will only allow you to install the lights one way. So I don't uderstand what you were tring to say.

I went with the 8'2" v because It is a new truck and this is the first time I will be plowing. I didn't want to over do it. I don't know what a truck can handle yet, not till I get behind the wheel and do some plowing. I do wish I would have got the 9'2 Foot makes a differance. I just don't want to overload a 25k truck just yet. Better safe than sorry.
  11. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Great truck AND color!

We have 4 truck Excatly like this. All with Meyers though. 2 LB,Quad 3/4 ton, 1 SB,Quad 3/4 and 1 SB Quad 1/2 ton. We also have two more trucks that employees own. Both are 1 ton dually Quads. 1 white and 1 grey. Needless to say, we look pretty cool all lined up at Mcdonalds for breakfast. We hope to move into V plows soon. Good luck.:D
  12. Kent Lawns

What I am trying to say is they're backwards.

Your passanger side headlight is on the drivers side.
    Your drivers side headlight is on the passanger side.

The headlights are supposed to be the same contour as the steel round tube directly beneath them.

Obviously my inquiry was form related, not funtionality.
  13. Duncan IN

Duncan IN Member

Kents Lawn

Kents Lawn

My apologies to you, I looked at a pick of a boss plow and you were right. I thought for sure I had only one way to put them on. I went ahead and changed them around today and rezip tied everything.

I wish boss had a way to keep and pump and wires water tight on the plow. It rained today and alot of water was sitting in the headlights and Pump area.
  14. Kent Lawns

Don't apologize to me, I was just curious.

'course you'll have to post a new pic now ;)
  15. Duncan IN

Duncan IN Member

Any more pics? It's funny how these posts always end up on a different topic. POST SOME PICS, PLEASE!!
  16. Doctordo

Doctordo Member

Great looking truck. Had you had any problems with the front end yet. I just bought a used boss for this year it seems like it will work great.:p
  17. DEISL

DEISL Member

nice grocery getter!

Question: When your in scoop position, how does the plow react to a 8 inch curb???
  18. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Nothing will really absorb impact on a 8" curb.
    However the boss plows will hit a relief valve, and the plow will return to a straight position, and then the entire moldboard will trip forward when an obstacle is struck.
  19. Kent Lawns

Actually if you hit a straight section of curb in the scoop it trips quite nicely.

The problem is if you hit the curb in the V or if you hit something in the center when the plow is in the scoop that a trip-edge or straight blade would be better.
  20. DEISL

DEISL Member

too many bytes?

id like to post a few pix but to no avail. this dang site wont accept my thig-a-ma -bites . any clues? 102,400???