1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally got a dump truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by blaryslawn, Oct 14, 2010.

1. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

Just picked up this truck... 95 international 4700 LoPro with the 7.3 diesel and alison trans... Came with giant leaf vac and leaf box...Anyone have one of these and what are the possibilities for plowing with this... let me know what you guys think

3mf3oe3lf5V25X25S0a9u14df0eee6f011453.jpg

2. man4054

man4054 Senior Member

Nice purchase. I like those LoPro trucks

3. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

yeah.... it seems it is gonna work in my favor being that My tractor does not lift very high so its lower stance makes loading it a little easier... only thing that I see as a possible problem with the low stance is if i decide to use it for snow removal is it not going to have enough ground clearance..., anyone have any experience with these?

4. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Nice truck. I think it would push a lot of snow for you. Go for it.

5. alwayz-plowin

alwayz-plowin Senior Member

Its a big truck as you know so plowing driveways is OUT OF THE QUESTION!
    But if you plows commercial stuff or subs it would be great just go forward as much as you can

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

My buddie set one of those up with a plow. He put bigger springs up front.

7. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

yeah I normally dont mess with doing driveways anyway.... but if i did, i have a few pickups... more than likely would be used at wal-marts and other large commercial properties... just wondering if anyone had set up this truck with a plow and what size.... I have seen the regular 4700's with plows but was wondering about the lo-pro

8. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

do you have any larger accounts?

9. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

I am looking at a similar one. Do you mind me asking what you had to give for it?

10. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

i got the whole package for 6500$

11. clydebusa

clydebusa Member

Man that was a good deal!! Congrats!!!!!:cool:

12. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

congrats on the deal! post up some bigger pics.

the only thing i can see being an issue while plowing, is the huge dump bed on the back really restricting visibility. they wont win any races but the older internationals are reliable.

13. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

wow I'll give you $7500 for that setup! I could really use it this fall!!!!!