1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Finally got a Dump Insert

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by LawnProLandscapes, Apr 13, 2009.

1. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

Finally picked up a used Downeaster Dump insert 2 weeks ago, i finally got around to getting it wired up and tried getting the bed bolts out but ended up snapping 4 T-50 torx bit's in a row so im going to just drill my own holes through the bed and frame. first pic is right after i got it at work the guy had the boards all spaced out, the second pic is a couple days later when i adjusted all the boards to my liking. im going to have some more pics by the weekend of when i get it bolted down and get my new lighting setup wired up

[​IMG]

meyer 3600 spreader waiting to get put away for summer for its new motor/spinner overhaul and some frame replacement
    [​IMG]

new able 2 switch box i got off sirennet along with my whelen guardian rotator 2 sound off led3's and a set of in body backup lights from aw direct.

[​IMG]

2. miltonplower

miltonplower Senior Member
    from ontario

nice look's great

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

looks great. I am finally installing my truckcraft this week. sitting at the line x shop right now getting the bed done and then I am going to put the insert in on top of it.

4. LawnProLandscapes

hope your install goes better than mine has lol. on the fords its designed to use the frontmost and backmost bed bolts, thats not turning out to work too well so im just going to make my own mount holes for it instead after busting all the t50 torx i had. post a pic up when you get it installed, mine *should* be done tomaroe am before i go to college.

5. mvhauler

mvhauler Senior Member

You should be happy with it. Got mine installed last week,after final threat of snow. Are you going to put the rotator on the headache rack? Am curious where you are putting all the lights. Will wait for pics.

6. LawnProLandscapes

i thought about putting it on the headache rack but i plan on getting a tarp roller up there so i just mounted it right to my roof. the two led's are going on the back of the truck in the gap between the top of the bed and the bumper, and the reverse lights are getting mounted in the bumper, hopefully if all goes well ill have it done tomaroe and get some pics up of it :cool: im laying all the harnesses out tonight when i get home from college so its just connect and go.

7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

looks good. you got a lil dump truck :)

8. LawnProLandscapes

lol yea shes a lil guy, if i take the other job and go for the associates ima look for a 2002-2005 f-3 or 450 for a second truck for me to run and i have a buddy lined up who is off all winter that could run my pickup truck

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

im looking for a 1 ton dump truck to tow the backhoe and to do some small excavating with

10. Dodgetruckman731

Dodgetruckman731 Senior Member

I know what your saying and by no mean am i trying to be like some of the A$$ holes on here just got a kick out of that.

Chris

11. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Looks GREAT Bud!ussmileyflag It's sure nice to not have to shovel material out anymore!

12. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

verry nice. little falls is nice used to go every year to the party at the castle but they are not doing it any more

13. LawnProLandscapes

Thanks matt, should pick up some nice easy cash hauling small material loads for homeowners.

yea its a nice quiet country setting. which party at the castle you talking about, i know they hold quite a few there every now and then. i guess that ghost hunters show was supposed to do a show on beardslee castle too.

http://www.beardsleecastle.com/ghostpage.htm

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  14. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

it was ediloon plenty of cold spring camp and drink

15. LawnProLandscapes

heres some crappy pics i took tonight when i finished everything, ill get some during the day tomaroe and i got a couple of vids to from my cell phone...

heres some pics of the reverse lights that i got from awdirect, same ones and bdemott just installed as well, i love em...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

heres a couple of crappy vids
    first one is whelen guardian
    [​IMG]

these are the two sound off led3's i have mounted in the rear
    [​IMG]

16. LawnProLandscapes

some more pics from the other day when i got the bolts through finally. used it saturday am for a cleanup and it worked awesome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. LawnProLandscapes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

reverse lights work great.

18. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

looks really good man. im sure it will come in handy for cleanups

19. LawnProLandscapes

yea it did, supposed to be hauling some mulch with it pretty soon, and need to pick up about 1 to 1.5 yds of crusher run to patch potholes in my buddys parking lot soon.

20. bosslover

bosslover Member

it looks good ben them lights are really bright and after seeing them in person tonight i am thinking about doing sumthing similar with mine lol idk tho we will see