1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

finally got a bobcat

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dieselboy01, Dec 28, 2013.

1. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Just picked this beast up this week. It's a lot of fun to put around in and will lift a whole 500 pounds!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Haha, nice!

You going to put a cab enclosure on it, what did you pay?

3. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Cute what its got for an engine?

4. dieselboy01

I might put a cab on it, just plexi over the sides and back I'm thinking.

As for the power plant its a 10 horse gasser, I'll have to check on the make.

I paid $1k for it. I found a few of them in very rough shape listed for around $3k so I didn't think it was bad.

I picked up some 36" forks for it, I just have to make up a backer plate for the little quick tach.

Tire chains would be nice too. It weighs just under 1,000lbs.

5. xgiovannix12

Wisconsin motor I bet. good little machine.

Sadly I dont like the smaller ones since I always drove larger skidsteers. I think I would demand to much from it but I think you got a good buy

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

$1000, what a steal!!!

7. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Haha that thing is a little beast!

8. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I bet it would be an awesome sidewalk machine. Definitely would need a cab and a little heat for those long nights

9. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

Where is its parents:laughing:

10. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

Sorry I couldn't resist. Should be a good tight quarters machine.

11. xgiovannix12

haha this cracked me up :laughing:

12. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

That's in nice shape - what year is it?

13. Crier

Crier Member
    from Alberta

Be a perfect machine to clean horse stalls.

Market that.

14. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Nice going Dieselboy! That thing would be fun to kick around. Heck you could do sidewalks around the neighborhood and make your money back quick. Can't tell if you're in a neighborhood though.

15. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

Looks nice and clean, you could probably repaint it and double your money next year.

16. dieselboy01

Thanks everyone!!

I'm not to sure on the year, still looking into that, but it parents said it was old enough to move out now so I took it in :laughing:

Over the summer I'm going to make a few gas powered attachments for it, power broom and snow blower for sure.

I don't live where there are sidewalks but I might bid some in the area next year!!

I plan on getting a 3/4-1 yard salt dogg v box for next year and run bulk salt. As it sits now it will reach the center of my truck box so it should load a smaller v box spreader no problem.

17. dieselboy01

I had heard this is the reason they were made, just to clean out the stalls.

18. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Perfect vehicle for cleaning between parked cars..

Maybe if you think along those lines, you'll eliminate unrealistic customer "COMPLAINTS"...:)

19. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet little machine. Use lexan for the sides, and make a hinged front door or half lower door to keep snow off your feet. I put a cig lighter in my little machine and run a small heater fan pointed at the front window. Works great

20. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Something to think about, a quick-tach type plate will use up your lifting capacity. You may want to just stick to pulling 4 hitch pins in and out.